[Geomoose-users] switch layer at a particular zoom level?

[Geomoose-users] switch layer at a particular zoom level?

Mark  Volz

Hello,

Is it possible to have GeoMOOSE 2.x switch between two sources at a particular zoom level?  As a user zooms into the map, I would like to switch between a political map and an air photo map.  Unfortunatly I am not sure which tags I should use to do this, and where I should add the tags.  My best guess is that I will need to add the max and min scales at the map source level, but please correct me if I am wrong.

For example can we set the scale at the map source level?

<map-source name="StandardBackgroundWMS" type="wms" reference="false" tiled="true" width="256" height="256" buffer="false" transition_Effect="resize" maxscale = 50000>

<map-source name=”PoliticalMapWMS” type="wms" reference="false" tiled="true" width="256" height="256" buffer="false" transition_Effect="resize" minscale = 50001>

<layer title="Standard Background" src="PoliticalMapWMS/PoliticalMap: WMSServer/AirPhotoBackground " status="on" legend="false" show-legend="false" identify="false"/>

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Mark Volz, GISP

Re: [Geomoose-users] switch layer at a particular zoom level?

Christopher Hughes
You can set scales in the MAPFILE for a particular layer. See a contours example below (pardon the formatting).
We have a separate 10ft contours data set with MINSCALE 0 and MAXSCALE 1000 so one turns on when the other turns off:

LAYER
      NAME "Contours"
      DATA "./lincdata/elev40"
      STATUS on
      MINSCALE 1000
      MAXSCALE 8000
      TYPE LINE
      LABELITEM "contour"
      CLASS
         NAME "40 Foot Contours"
         STYLE
         pattern 40 6 6 6 6 end
        width 1
        COLOR 190 190 190
      END
       LABEL
         TYPE TrueType
         FONT "arial"
         SIZE 8.25
         COLOR 170 170 170
         OUTLINEWIDTH 1
         POSITION auto
         PARTIALS false
         BUFFER 1
         ANGLE auto
       END
  END
END

Best,

Chris Hughes

GIS Analyst
Lincoln County

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 8:22 AM Mark Volz <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Lincoln County Surveyor Department
880 NE 7th St. l Newport, OR 97365
Tel: (541) 574 1283

Re: [Geomoose-users] switch layer at a particular zoom level?

Mark  Volz

Chris,

This layer switching will need to be performed in the GeoMOOSE configuration and not MapServer.   The map sources will be coming from a Mapcache WMS cache layer.   Currently, I had a hybrid Mapcache WMS service which switches the layers for me, and a second air photo only Mapcache WMS service as well.   This works, but it requires Mapcache to store redundant caches that store the same tiles for most of my zoom levels.  If I can get GeoMOOSE to switch sources at a particular zoom level then I will not need to store redundant caches.

Thank You!

Sincerely,

Mark Volz, GISP

Lyon County GIS Coordinator