[Geomoose-users] mobile experiments with GM 2 (desktop)

[Geomoose-users] mobile experiments with GM 2 (desktop)

Brent Fraser
Hey all,

I've been experimenting with the desktop version of GM 3 on mobile
devices. Yeah I know there is a mobile flavor, but I'd like to have one
version to cut down on maintenance, doc, etc.

So I tweaked the index.html, app.js, mapbook.xml, and a few css files.
And I experimented with a manifest.json file to have the "app" do full
screen on Android (Chrome only?).

So far so good.  But it would be nice to have the ability to show/hide
the tabs div to maximize the screen real estate for the map portion.
Thoughts?

--
Best Regards,
Brent Fraser

Screenshot_GM301.png (702K) Download Attachment

Re: [Geomoose-users] mobile experiments with GM 2 (desktop)

TC Haddad
+1

would use Show/Hide tabs in Desktop (would always add it it 2.x anyhow)...

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Brent Fraser <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey all,

I've been experimenting with the desktop version of GM 3 on mobile devices. Yeah I know there is a mobile flavor, but I'd like to have one version to cut down on maintenance, doc, etc.

So I tweaked the index.html, app.js, mapbook.xml, and a few css files.  And I experimented with a manifest.json file to have the "app" do full screen on Android (Chrome only?).

So far so good.  But it would be nice to have the ability to show/hide the tabs div to maximize the screen real estate for the map portion.  Thoughts?

--
Best Regards,
Brent Fraser

Re: [Geomoose-users] mobile experiments with GM 2 (desktop)

Brent Fraser

Well I was able to hack together a Geomoose "action" to hide (and show) the tabs panel and resize the map div (the doc on Actions and Services was very helpful).  But the map canvas look stretched until I do a pan or resize the browser.

Is there a function I can call to do a map refresh?

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser
On 10/29/2017 3:42 PM, TC Haddad wrote:
[...]

Dan Little-2
Sorry this took me a few days to get to:

I'm open to follow up PRs and code changes to make this prettier but it works and the map refreshes properly.

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 4:54 PM, Brent Fraser <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hey Dan,

  Excellent!  Thank you!

Best Regards,
Brent