[Geomoose-users] Slow ArcGIS Cached Service

[Geomoose-users] Slow ArcGIS Cached Service

Levi Roberts

Hi all,

We recently upgraded from ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1. We have a neighboring County that uses Geomoose and streams a cached basemap from our Server. The basemap displays great from out 10.3.1 server, but is incredibly slow from out new server. Wondering if anyone has dealt with this before or if there might be a configuration I’m missing?

Thanks,

cid:image002.jpg@01D1A07D.1C04AE40

Levi Roberts

Crook County GIS Manager

422 NW Beaver St. Prineville, OR 97754

Office:  (541) 416-3930 Ext. 111

E-mail:  [hidden email]

Website:  www.gis.co.crook.or.us

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.

Re: [Geomoose-users] Slow ArcGIS Cached Service

TC Haddad

Hi Levi

You probably already checked this, Maybe the neighboring county is using a different projection than your cache?

Did anything else change about the configuration of the cache when you moved versions?

Tanya

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 1:37 PM Levi Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Tanya,

Thank you for the reply. Everything should be identical. We used the same MXD for both. For reference I’ve attached links to both services and an image of how it’s referenced in the mapbook.xml file.

Old Service - https://eservices.co.crook.or.us/mapping/rest/services/jcbasemap/MapServer

New Service - https://geo.co.crook.or.us/server/rest/services/basemaps/jc_basemap/MapServer

cid:image002.jpg@01D1A07D.1C04AE40

Levi Roberts

Crook County GIS Manager

422 NW Beaver St. Prineville, OR 97754

Office:  (541) 416-3930 Ext. 111

E-mail:  [hidden email]

Website:  www.gis.co.crook.or.us

Re: [Geomoose-users] Slow ArcGIS Cached Service

blammo
All,

I’ve seen the same sort of slow down with 10.X versions here as well.  Just don’t have any earlier versions to compare with.  Lots of first time services being exposed locally though, and with the newer version of the server (10.X+).  We’ve resorted to locally caching the data with an automated sync to get around it.  Painful, but it works all the time, every time, and really fast.  Would be interested in any sort of improvements in this area.

bobb

On Feb 15, 2019, at 12:31 PM, TC Haddad <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Levi

You probably already checked this, Maybe the neighboring county is using a different projection than your cache?

Did anything else change about the configuration of the cache when you moved versions?

Tanya

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 1:37 PM Levi Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

We recently upgraded from ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1. We have a neighboring County that uses Geomoose and streams a cached basemap from our Server. The basemap displays great from out 10.3.1 server, but is incredibly slow from out new server. Wondering if anyone has dealt with this before or if there might be a configuration I’m missing?

Thanks,

<image001.jpg>

Levi Roberts

Crook County GIS Manager

422 NW Beaver St. Prineville, OR 97754

Office:  (541) 416-3930 Ext. 111

E-mail:  [hidden email]

Website:  www.gis.co.crook.or.us

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.

"Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: [Geomoose-users] Slow ArcGIS Cached Service

TC Haddad

I’m always suspicious when the epsg code is not advertised as the primary SRS.

But looking at the links it seems it was that way in the old service, so i’m somewhat stumped. I don’t know enough about the differences in Enterprise.... will think on it!

Tanya