[Geomoose-users] Out of the box mapping application for GeoServer

[Geomoose-users] Out of the box mapping application for GeoServer

Mark  Volz

Hi,

Is there any out of the box mapping applications for GeoServer that are appropriate for local governments.  I am looking for an application that is somewhat easy to configure, has the basic GIS tools including but not limited to search, jump to, identify, etc.  Similar to what GeoMOOSE does for MapServer  http://demo.geomoose.org/master/.  It would also be good if this application works on desktop and mobile browsers.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Mark Volz, GISP

Re: [Geomoose-users] Out of the box mapping application for GeoServer

boesiii

Mark,

At one point I thought OpenGeo had something similar but I was unable to find it but here's the link anyways:

http://boundlessgeo.com/solutions/opengeo-suite/

Ed

Re: [Geomoose-users] Out of the box mapping application for GeoServer

Bistrais, Bob

I think at this time, OpenGeo Suite is about as close to what you're looking for that is available.

At one point I thought OpenGeo had something similar but I was unable to find it but here's the link anyways:

http://boundlessgeo.com/solutions/opengeo-suite/

Ed

Re: [Geomoose-users] Out of the box mapping application for GeoServer

blammo

Mark,

Hmm, I don’t know what you are after capability wise, but GeoMoose does all of what you have listed (Mobile needs some more dressing up, but it does work).  GeoServer should be usable with GeoMoose as well.  GeoMoose is set up by default to use WMS services in it’s most recent incarnations, which doesn’t preclude it’s use with any standard WMS service.  There are options for using WFS as well.

Are you looking for a cataloging system?  Have you looked at GeoNetwork?  This is also hookable to GeoMoose (A little harder to implement though), but as proof:

https://hub.sharedgeo.org/datasets/GLRI/html/public2/geomoose-glri/geomoose/geomoose.html

Just click on the Metadata Catalog link in the header to see where some of the data comes from.

Bobb

Re: [Geomoose-users] Out of the box mapping application for GeoServer

Dan Little-2
Um, Do both? GeoMOOSE can operate pretty well on standard WxS services.