[Geomoose-users] Is there much interest in GM rendering vectors?

[Geomoose-users] Is there much interest in GM rendering vectors?

Brent Fraser
Hi All,

   Currently GeoMoose has the ability to render vectors from a few source
(GeoJSON files, AGS, WFS).  Is there any interest in enhancing GM to handle
Vector Tiles and more advanced styling?

 Thanks for your input!

 Best Regards,
 Brent Fraser

Re: [Geomoose-users] Is there much interest in GM rendering vectors?

Dan Little-2
We have all the basics ready to go, in fact, I'm surprised we don't have a basic MVT example already!

I'd also have some interest in doing some more testing with styling definitions in the mapbook. I am not sure we captured it in a way that's easy on users to grasp.

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 10:26 AM Brent Fraser <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

   Currently GeoMoose has the ability to render vectors from a few source
(GeoJSON files, AGS, WFS).  Is there any interest in enhancing GM to handle
Vector Tiles and more advanced styling?

 Thanks for your input!

 Best Regards,
 Brent Fraser

Re: [Geomoose-users] Is there much interest in GM rendering vectors?

chughes
Regarding styling definitions in the mapbook, it may be useful to have an example styling a dataset based on attributes.
I think the recommendation here was to create a map-source for each style, I was able to create a layer for each style within a
single map-source, which was a bit less clumsy)

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 8:13 AM Dan Little <[hidden email]> wrote:
We have all the basics ready to go, in fact, I'm surprised we don't have a basic MVT example already!

I'd also have some interest in doing some more testing with styling definitions in the mapbook. I am not sure we captured it in a way that's easy on users to grasp.

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 10:26 AM Brent Fraser <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

   Currently GeoMoose has the ability to render vectors from a few source
(GeoJSON files, AGS, WFS).  Is there any interest in enhancing GM to handle
Vector Tiles and more advanced styling?

 Thanks for your input!

 Best Regards,
 Brent Fraser

Chris Hughes

GIS Analyst
Lincoln County Surveyor Department
880 NE 7th St. l Newport, OR 97365
Tel: (541) 574 1283

Re: [Geomoose-users] Is there much interest in GM rendering vectors?

Brent Fraser
Hi Dan,

   That's good news!  I look forward to experimenting with Mapbox Vector
Tiles.

 As for the styling in the mapbook, I think more examples would help. I
tried to find some but a the main source seems to be

https://docs.mapbox.com/help/glossary/mapbox-gl-js/

https://docs.mapbox.com/mapbox-gl-js/style-spec/

As the styling get more complicated perhaps we could add a "src"  attribute
to the <style> tag to allow the styling to stored in a separate file?

Thanks!

Brent

> We have all the basics ready to go, in fact, I'm surprised we don't have

> basic MVT example already!
>
> I'd also have some interest in doing some more testing with styling
> definitions in the mapbook. I am not sure we captured it in a way that's
> easy on users to grasp.
>
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 10:26 AM Brent Fraser <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Currently GeoMoose has the ability to render vectors from a few source
> > (GeoJSON files, AGS, WFS). Is there any interest in enhancing GM to
> > handle
> > Vector Tiles and more advanced styling?
> >
> > Thanks for your input!
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Brent Fraser

Re: [Geomoose-users] Is there much interest in GM rendering vectors?

Brent Fraser
Hi Chris,

   The MapBox GL Style spec is quite extensive (it's more like a JavaScript
version of our mapbook considering what it covers), and it wasn't clear to
me what portion of that was implemented in GeoMoose, and what was available
in the underlying library ol-mapbox-style
(https://github.com/openlayers/ol-mapbox-style).

 So today I tried the MapBox example
https://docs.mapbox.com/mapbox-gl-js/example/data-driven-circle-colors/
with our demo geojson data (Cities and Villages):

     <map-source name="places" type="geojson" title="Cities and Villages"
minresolution="100" maxresolution="5000">
      "match",                   ["get","name"],
"Hastings",                   "red",                   "Bloomington",
            "green",                   "black"                 ],
      "line-width" : 5             }             ]]></style>

 And it worked! (note the "black" color def is the default if feature
property doesn't match).

 Brent

> Regarding styling definitions in the mapbook, it may be useful to have
an
> example styling a dataset based on attributes.
> (For example, as in this email thread:

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Geomoose-users-AGS-vector-and-styling-td
5398651.html