[Geomoose-users] Is it possible to edit data in GeoMOOSE 3.x

[Geomoose-users] Is it possible to edit data in GeoMOOSE 3.x

Mark  Volz

Hello,

In at least one of the version of GeoMOOSE 2.x we were able to edit features in a PostGIS database.  Can we still edit data in GeoMOOSE 3.x or is that feature depreciated?

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Mark Volz, GISP

Lyon County GIS Coordinator

Re: [Geomoose-users] Is it possible to edit data in GeoMOOSE 3.x

Brent Fraser
Hi Mark,

 I'd say it's "desired".  Something we want to do; we just need to get some
money (a few to several $K ) committed to do it.

 Brent

> In at least one of the version of GeoMOOSE 2.x we were able to edit
features in a PostGIS database. Can we still edit data in GeoMOOSE 3.x or
is that feature depreciated?

> Thanks!
>
> Sincerely,
> Mark Volz, GISP
> Lyon County GIS Coordinator

Re: [Geomoose-users] Is it possible to edit data in GeoMOOSE 3.x

Dan Little-2
There have been a pile of threads on this.

The current status is that we are looking for funding for folks who are interested in that feature. We have some funding for getting started but WFS-T based editing has not been implemented as it has not yet had a champion.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020, 14:07 Mark Volz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

In at least one of the version of GeoMOOSE 2.x we were able to edit features in a PostGIS database.  Can we still edit data in GeoMOOSE 3.x or is that feature depreciated?

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Mark Volz, GISP

Lyon County GIS Coordinator

Re: [Geomoose-users] Is it possible to edit data in GeoMOOSE 3.x

Brent Fraser
Hi Dan,

   Have you thought about the high level work flow for WFS-T editing?  I'm
concerned about performance when having a lot of vectors loaded in the
browser.

 I liked the editing in the previous versions of GM. As I recall:

 Turn on the layer
 Select the edit tool
 Click on the feature (vector geometry is loaded for just that feature)
 Drag displayed geometry handles
 Edit attribute values
 Click finished.

 The process had the benefit of performing well even if the layer had lots
features as they were rendered on to an image (WFS).

 Brent