[Geomoose-users] Identify with scale/resolution dependent layers

[Geomoose-users] Identify with scale/resolution dependent layers

Brent Fraser
Hi All,

Should Identify and Select (and maybe Search? ) work on layers that are not displayed due to a scale restriction (e.g. minresolution=20)?  They currently do in v3.6.3-beta.

Thanks for opinions!
Brent Fraser

Re: [Geomoose-users] Identify with scale/resolution dependent layers

James Klassen
My options:

Select almost has to work independent of scale (You can zoom in the middle of a select, what happens then?  Plus the user chooses the layer they are selecting on so they have control there.)

Identify should work with what is visible.  To me identify is the user asking "what is this?" which doesn't make much sense to me if the "this" is hidden and the user wouldn't have known it was there to query.  If we change this behavior we should probably do so as an opt in, otherwise this could be considered a breaking change if someone was relying on the old behavior.  (I would update the examples to opt-in).