[Geomoose-users] How To Add Search Clarification

[Geomoose-users] How To Add Search Clarification

Reynolds, Michael J. (DOT)
I notice in the following How To doc:
https://github.com/geomoose/gm3/blob/master/docs/howto/add-search.md

It describes creating a map-source name="firestations-wfs".

Then later we're adding a new search service, specifically:
searchLayers: ['firestations/fire_stations'],

Is that correct or should it be
searchLayers: ['firestations-wfs/fire_stations']

On another note, we'd like to use a search service on a mapserver layer that uses png images for each point and labels.  We see that search service is currently a wfs or mapserver-wfs thing and we're wondering if there's any way to mashup the two and get the best of both worlds.  Even if the wfs layer isn't styled at all but used to execute the search and the search service in turn makes sure the related mapserver wms layer is also on. Pair/mash/link?

Thank you.

Re: [Geomoose-users] How To Add Search Clarification

Dan Little-2
Another fix for today. :D

Yes, you can use both at the same time.  There's no conflict in leaving the *layer* in the catalog that displays the search as the WMS-based version but the WFS configuration will need to be added next to it to add search capabilities.

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Reynolds, Michael J. (MNIT) <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Unfortunately, you need to have two <map-source> entries at this point.  One for the WMS service and one for the WFS service.

The search tool gets configured to point to the WFS <map-source> and the catalog item is pointed towards the WMS <map-source>.

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 8:52 AM, TC Haddad <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Julson, Adam (MNIT)

I understand WMS is used for speed.  If the WFS layer is fast enough can we use that mapsource entry for Catalog/Identify/Search/Grid/Select to try and simplify the Mapbook?

I have one test layer in the catalog as a WFS but styling is a little foreign.  Is there a way to use png in the styling for a wfs layer?

Thanks!

Adam

Re: [Geomoose-users] How To Add Search Clarification

Dan Little-2
The best reference for styling is to look at the Mapbox GL Style spec.  That's what we're using to define styles.

No, you can't use PNG in the styling for a WFS layer.  PNG is a raster format whereas WFS deals strictly with vectors.