[Geomoose-users] Geomoose and Database

Jul.Ivars .

Hello !
I’m using Geomoose for a project and I want to connect a Database (Postgres) to geomoose … but I don’t know how to …
I’ve try some things like npm « pg » but it didn’t work and I don’t know at all how to do … Did I have to did it like, using ‘pg’ to connect and after put all my connection into the index.js ? Or I am totally wrong ?

Re: [Geomoose-users] Geomoose and Database

James Klassen
Your question is very vague about what you are trying to accomplish, so I can only give a very general response.

GeoMoose (or anything running in a web browser) cannot talk to PostgreSQL directly.  You need some middleware on the web server to bridge the two.  That could be anything from MapServer/GeoServer or a simple perl/php/python/ruby/nodejs script to a full fledged framework.

What makes the most sense depends on what you are trying to do and what tools you are comfortable with.

If you give us a better idea of what you are trying to achieve and what environment and tools you have available, we can likely provide you with better suggestions.

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020, 02:10 Jul.Ivars . <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello !
I’m using Geomoose for a project and I want to connect a Database (Postgres) to geomoose … but I don’t know how to …
I’ve try some things like npm « pg » but it didn’t work and I don’t know at all how to do … Did I have to did it like, using ‘pg’ to connect and after put all my connection into the index.js ? Or I am totally wrong ?

Re: [Geomoose-users] Geomoose and Database

Eli Adam
On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 6:31 AM James Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Your question is very vague about what you are trying to accomplish, so I can only give a very general response.
>
> GeoMoose (or anything running in a web browser) cannot talk to PostgreSQL directly.  You need some middleware on the web server to bridge the two.  That could be anything from MapServer/GeoServer or a simple perl/php/python/ruby/nodejs script to a full fledged framework.

Following on Jim's general response, this is the typical scenario of
displaying vector data from Postgresql/PostGIS using MapServer,
https://www.mapserver.org/input/vector/postgis.html  That is how we
display our vector PostGIS data in GeoMoose.

Best regards, Eli