[Geomoose-users] GeoMoose 3 (or 2) AGS Secure Connections

[Geomoose-users] GeoMoose 3 (or 2) AGS Secure Connections

chughes
Does anyone know if there's the ability to connect to secure arcgis services
(i.e. that require a username and password)?

I've been able to access public servers by adding the connection in the mapbook (i.e. the nat geo world map below),
but I haven't figured out if it's possible to pass my user information.

    <map-source name="ags" type="ags">
        <url>https://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/NatGeo_World_Map/MapServer</url>
        <layer name="NatGeo_World_Map"/>
        <param name="FORMAT" value="png"/>
        <param name="cross-origin" value="anonymous"/>
    </map-source>

Any tips would be appreciated.

Chris

--
Chris Hughes

GIS Analyst
Lincoln County Surveyor Department
880 NE 7th St. l Newport, OR 97365
Tel: (541) 574 1283

Re: [Geomoose-users] GeoMoose 3 (or 2) AGS Secure Connections

Brent Fraser
Hi Chris,

 In v3.6.2 you can pass your own params to an ags server.  So if the server
expects the credentials to be passed as query parameters appended to the
url it should work (but the username and password would be exposed).
Other types of authentication would take some investigation.  Do you know
what the server expects?

 Best Regards,
 Brent Fraser

> Does anyone know if there's the ability to connect to secure arcgis
services
> (i.e. that require a username and password)?
>
> I've been able to access public servers by adding the connection in the
> mapbook (i.e. the nat geo world map below),
> but I haven't figured out if it's possible to pass my user information.
>
> <map-source name="ags" type="ags">
> <url>

https://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/NatGeo_World_Map/MapS
erver

> </url>
> <layer name="NatGeo_World_Map"/>
> <param name="FORMAT" value="png"/>
> <param name="cross-origin" value="anonymous"/>
> </map-source>
>
> Any tips would be appreciated.
>
> Chris
>
> --
> Chris Hughes
>
> GIS Analyst
> Lincoln County Surveyor Department
> 880 NE 7th St. l Newport, OR 97365
> Tel: (541) 574 1283

Re: [Geomoose-users] GeoMoose 3 (or 2) AGS Secure Connections

chughes
I'm not sure what the server expects. I'll look into that further. It's helpful to hear that I can
pass parameters to the server. Thanks for your feedback!

Chris