[Geomoose-users] GeoMOOSE Printing with SSL?

[Geomoose-users] GeoMOOSE Printing with SSL?

Mark  Volz

Hello,

After updating my server to SSL I am having issues printing maps in GeoMOOSE 2.9.3.  At this point in time I can get GeoMOOSE to present a map to the end user and display the background.  However, I cannot see any active layers such as parcels.   Please let me know if anyone has a thought as to why the active layers are not printing.

Thanks

P.S.  Originally I could not get anything to work on the client side after switching to SSL.  On the client side the Print Map displays “Loading…”  forever.  On the server side a PDF is generated in the temp folder, however only the template and background map display and the active layers such as parcels do not display.  I changed server_name to use my ip address and port 443 so now my end users can see the pdf template and background, but still not the parcel layer.  As of right now the background layer will work in both http and https mode.

Sincerely,

Mark Volz, GISP

Lyon County GIS Coordinator

504 Fairgrounds Rd

Marshall, MN 56258

Ph:  (507) 532-8218

Fax: (507) 532-8217

http://lyonco.org/

http://geomoose.lyonco.org/

Re: [Geomoose-users] GeoMOOSE Printing with SSL?

James Klassen
Some thoughts:

Make sure all the requests in the browser are to https services.  http ones will likely be blocked in some contexts if the main page is http.  In any case you would get a mixed content warning.

You need to use full domain names (whatever matches the ssl certificate) with https not ip adresses because ip addresses won't match the server certificate.

You might also have an issue with the ssl certificate authority not being trusted by PHP (especially the PHP version included with some versions of MS4W). I remember seeing something about that awhile ago but I don't remember the details.

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019, 10:03 Mark Volz <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Jim,

Thank you for your feedback.

I did check that all the requests are https://.

Also, I did update the server_name to geomoose.lyonco.org:443.  Should that be okay?

How can I check if php does not like my certificate, and if needed make php trust the certificate?   And yes I am using MS4W which you said may cause issue.

Thanks

Sincerely,

Mark Volz, GISP

Lyon County GIS Coordinator

Re: [Geomoose-users] GeoMOOSE Printing with SSL?

TC Haddad

The MS4W php issue was related to not knowing where the certificate was. it came up with Google geocoding in GM 2.x:

If you think it is the same issue, you can set the location of your certificate in the php.ini file of your MS4W install. I believe in later versions of MS4W, Jeff fixed this issue (or at least there is a MS4W ticket about it...

Tanya

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 12:57 PM Mark Volz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Jim,

Thank you for your feedback.

I did check that all the requests are https://.

Also, I did update the server_name to geomoose.lyonco.org:443.  Should that be okay?

How can I check if php does not like my certificate, and if needed make php trust the certificate?   And yes I am using MS4W which you said may cause issue.

Thanks

Sincerely,

Mark Volz, GISP

Lyon County GIS Coordinator

Re: [Geomoose-users] GeoMOOSE Printing with SSL?

TC Haddad
Here is the MS4W ticket:

You can look at this for the approximate line number in the php.ini file. Looks like this ticket is closed in the MS4W 4 beta

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 1:04 PM TC Haddad <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Based on chasing the links in previous list traffic it looks like two lines need to be changed in php.ini.  I have only run ms4w locally though for testing so I haven't run into this issue myself.

https://ms4w.com/trac/ticket/171

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019, 14:57 Mark Volz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Jim,

Thank you for your feedback.

I did check that all the requests are https://.

Also, I did update the server_name to geomoose.lyonco.org:443.  Should that be okay?

How can I check if php does not like my certificate, and if needed make php trust the certificate?   And yes I am using MS4W which you said may cause issue.

Thanks

Sincerely,

Mark Volz, GISP

Lyon County GIS Coordinator

Re: [Geomoose-users] GeoMOOSE Printing with SSL?

jmckenna
Administrator
(you heard it here first!) MS4W 4.0.0 is now released (and a final
release of the MS4W 3 series) containing many HTTPS fixes, among many
others!  For HTTPS please review the updated README, especially point#4
for PHP at https://ms4w.com/README_INSTALL.html#certificates-for-https
Actually it's good to spend the time to read all points 1-to-7 there if
you are tackling HTTPS.  Definitely an upgrade to MS4W 4.0.0 (or 3.3.1)
is required at the minimum.

MS4W 4 is now in the wild!  Your popular SDI for Windows!  woot!

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
https://gatewaygeomatics.com/