[Geomoose-users] GM3 version

Flavio Rigolon
Hi all,
 The first time I've approached to Geomoose I followed the download
page [1] in which 3.6.2 is on the top. Refer to recent threads of
these days I asked me which version of GM3 is recommend for a new bye
to appreciate and testing most of features for a webgis in production?
Could it be 3.6.0, or 3.6.1 as I see in [2]?

thanks for any suggestions
flavio

[1] https://geomoose.org/download.html
[2] https://geomoose.org/downloads/

--
/"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /  Respect for low technology.

Re: [Geomoose-users] GM3 version

Brent Fraser
Hi flavio,

Usually the best choice is the highest version without the "-beta". so currently that's 3.6.2.

But there is always the potential for issues to be discovered, and while we try to address/fix them quickly,  there is a lag between when they are found, when they are fixed, and when a release version is made available.

So if you find a problem with the release version, ask on the mailing list (like you did!), check the issues list, try the beta version or the code in the master branch on GitHub.  And if you like a challenge, you could debug and fix the code (help is always appreciated!)

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser

Re: [Geomoose-users] GM3 version

Flavio Rigolon
Il giorno ven 20 nov 2020 alle ore 02:04 Brent Fraser
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi flavio,
>
> Usually the best choice is the highest version without the "-beta". so currently that's 3.6.2.
>
> But there is always the potential for issues to be discovered, and while we try to address/fix them quickly,  there is a lag between when they are found, when they are fixed, and when a release version is made available.
>
> So if you find a problem with the release version, ask on the mailing list (like you did!), check the issues list, try the beta version or the code in the master branch on GitHub.  And if you like a challenge, you could debug and fix the code (help is always appreciated!)
>
> Best Regards,
> Brent Fraser

Hi Brent,
 yes, now I understood well. I'm not a developer but I'll try to test
the beta version like you said.

Thanks for the clarification and for all the work
flavio