[Geomoose-users] GM3 - Error building on current clone

[Geomoose-users] GM3 - Error building on current clone

chughes
Hello,

I'm having a new issue rebuilding the geomoose javascript on windows per https://geomoose.github.io/gm3/install_on_windows.html

I'm building on a current clone of geomoose 3, so the package-lock.json file should be up to date with the repo. After cloning
and running 'npm install'; running 'npm run build' fails. I've tried deleting the node_modules directory and re-running npm install
without success. I haven't made any changes to my clone of the repo.

I've included some of the relevant errors below:
image.png

Any tips would be appreciated!

Chris

--
Chris Hughes

GIS Analyst
Lincoln County Surveyor Department
880 NE 7th St. l Newport, OR 97365
Tel: (541) 574 1283

Re: [Geomoose-users] GM3 - Error building on current clone

Dan Little-2
This was a gotcha from last week.

There are fixes awaiting reviews.

GitHub no longer blocked merging PRs that were failing tests. So a couple merges I made messed that up.

I had included the fix in a larger PR but maybe I need to make a smaller one real quick.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020, 13:42 Christopher Hughes <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Brent Fraser
Hi Chris,

    I think the fault is mine with a poorly tested code change.  Dan has a
pull request pending that will fix the issues, but in the mean time you can
simple change lines 501 and 523 to fix the two errors:

 501: delete the comment:  " // for lines..."

 523: change the
     != 200
    !== 200

 Best Regards,
 Brent Fraser

image.png (64K) Download Attachment

Re: [Geomoose-users] GM3 - Error building on current clone

chughes
Awesome thanks! Glad to hear it's a known issue with a fix in the works.
Brent, I'll try your suggestion in the meantime.

Chris

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 11:53 AM Brent Fraser <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Chris,

    I think the fault is mine with a poorly tested code change.  Dan has a
pull request pending that will fix the issues, but in the mean time you can
simple change lines 501 and 523 to fix the two errors:

 501: delete the comment:  " // for lines..."

 523: change the
     != 200
    !== 200

 Best Regards,
 Brent Fraser

> I'm having a new issue rebuilding the geomoose javascript on windows per
> https://geomoose.github.io/gm3/install_on_windows.html
>
> I'm building on a current clone of geomoose 3, so the package-lock.json
> file should be up to date with the repo. After cloning
> and running 'npm install'; running 'npm run build' fails. I've tried
> deleting the node_modules directory and re-running npm install
> without success. I haven't made any changes to my clone of the repo.
>
> I've included some of the relevant errors below:
> [image: image.png]
>
> Any tips would be appreciated!
>
> Chris
>

> --
> Chris Hughes
>
> GIS Analyst
> Lincoln County Surveyor Department
> 880 NE 7th St. l Newport, OR 97365
> Tel: (541) 574 1283

Chris Hughes

GIS Analyst
Lincoln County Surveyor Department
880 NE 7th St. l Newport, OR 97365
Tel: (541) 574 1283

Re: [Geomoose-users] GM3 - Error building on current clone

James Klassen
I can merge the two PRs but I haven't had time to properly look them over yet.  But at the same time, if master is broken anyway, what can it hurt?

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020, 15:01 Christopher Hughes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Awesome thanks! Glad to hear it's a known issue with a fix in the works.
Brent, I'll try your suggestion in the meantime.

Chris

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 11:53 AM Brent Fraser <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Chris,

    I think the fault is mine with a poorly tested code change.  Dan has a
pull request pending that will fix the issues, but in the mean time you can
simple change lines 501 and 523 to fix the two errors:

 501: delete the comment:  " // for lines..."

 523: change the
     != 200
    !== 200

 Best Regards,
 Brent Fraser

> I'm having a new issue rebuilding the geomoose javascript on windows per
> https://geomoose.github.io/gm3/install_on_windows.html
>
> I'm building on a current clone of geomoose 3, so the package-lock.json
> file should be up to date with the repo. After cloning
> and running 'npm install'; running 'npm run build' fails. I've tried
> deleting the node_modules directory and re-running npm install
> without success. I haven't made any changes to my clone of the repo.
>
> I've included some of the relevant errors below:
> [image: image.png]
>
> Any tips would be appreciated!
>
> Chris
>

> --
> Chris Hughes
>
> GIS Analyst
> Lincoln County Surveyor Department
> 880 NE 7th St. l Newport, OR 97365
> Tel: (541) 574 1283

Chris Hughes

GIS Analyst
Lincoln County Surveyor Department
880 NE 7th St. l Newport, OR 97365
Tel: (541) 574 1283

Re: [Geomoose-users] GM3 - Error building on current clone

James Klassen
I did look at cherry-picking the one commit from #558 but it appears to do more than is on the label, so I was worried that would break things more.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020, 15:09 James Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can merge the two PRs but I haven't had time to properly look them over yet.  But at the same time, if master is broken anyway, what can it hurt?

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020, 15:01 Christopher Hughes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Awesome thanks! Glad to hear it's a known issue with a fix in the works.
Brent, I'll try your suggestion in the meantime.

Chris

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 11:53 AM Brent Fraser <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Chris,

    I think the fault is mine with a poorly tested code change.  Dan has a
pull request pending that will fix the issues, but in the mean time you can
simple change lines 501 and 523 to fix the two errors:

 501: delete the comment:  " // for lines..."

 523: change the
     != 200
    !== 200

 Best Regards,
 Brent Fraser

> I'm having a new issue rebuilding the geomoose javascript on windows per
> https://geomoose.github.io/gm3/install_on_windows.html
>
> I'm building on a current clone of geomoose 3, so the package-lock.json
> file should be up to date with the repo. After cloning
> and running 'npm install'; running 'npm run build' fails. I've tried
> deleting the node_modules directory and re-running npm install
> without success. I haven't made any changes to my clone of the repo.
>
> I've included some of the relevant errors below:
> [image: image.png]
>
> Any tips would be appreciated!
>
> Chris
>

> --
> Chris Hughes
>
> GIS Analyst
> Lincoln County Surveyor Department
> 880 NE 7th St. l Newport, OR 97365
> Tel: (541) 574 1283

Chris Hughes

GIS Analyst
Lincoln County Surveyor Department
880 NE 7th St. l Newport, OR 97365
Tel: (541) 574 1283

Re: [Geomoose-users] GM3 - Error building on current clone

James Klassen
And the Travis-CI integration is still listed as installed/enabled, but I do see anything about that tests being run in the PRs.  It looks to me like GitHub is broken w.r.t. Travis ATM.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020, 15:11 James Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
I did look at cherry-picking the one commit from #558 but it appears to do more than is on the label, so I was worried that would break things more.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020, 15:09 James Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can merge the two PRs but I haven't had time to properly look them over yet.  But at the same time, if master is broken anyway, what can it hurt?

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020, 15:01 Christopher Hughes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Awesome thanks! Glad to hear it's a known issue with a fix in the works.
Brent, I'll try your suggestion in the meantime.

Chris

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 11:53 AM Brent Fraser <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Chris,

    I think the fault is mine with a poorly tested code change.  Dan has a
pull request pending that will fix the issues, but in the mean time you can
simple change lines 501 and 523 to fix the two errors:

 501: delete the comment:  " // for lines..."

 523: change the
     != 200
    !== 200

 Best Regards,
 Brent Fraser

> I'm having a new issue rebuilding the geomoose javascript on windows per
> https://geomoose.github.io/gm3/install_on_windows.html
>
> I'm building on a current clone of geomoose 3, so the package-lock.json
> file should be up to date with the repo. After cloning
> and running 'npm install'; running 'npm run build' fails. I've tried
> deleting the node_modules directory and re-running npm install
> without success. I haven't made any changes to my clone of the repo.
>
> I've included some of the relevant errors below:
> [image: image.png]
>
> Any tips would be appreciated!
>
> Chris
>

> --
> Chris Hughes
>
> GIS Analyst
> Lincoln County Surveyor Department
> 880 NE 7th St. l Newport, OR 97365
> Tel: (541) 574 1283

Chris Hughes

GIS Analyst
Lincoln County Surveyor Department
880 NE 7th St. l Newport, OR 97365
Tel: (541) 574 1283

Re: [Geomoose-users] GM3 - Error building on current clone

James Klassen
The more I think about this, I'm going to make a PR that just fixes the build.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020, 15:14 James Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
And the Travis-CI integration is still listed as installed/enabled, but I do see anything about that tests being run in the PRs.  It looks to me like GitHub is broken w.r.t. Travis ATM.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020, 15:11 James Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
I did look at cherry-picking the one commit from #558 but it appears to do more than is on the label, so I was worried that would break things more.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020, 15:09 James Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can merge the two PRs but I haven't had time to properly look them over yet.  But at the same time, if master is broken anyway, what can it hurt?

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020, 15:01 Christopher Hughes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Awesome thanks! Glad to hear it's a known issue with a fix in the works.
Brent, I'll try your suggestion in the meantime.

Chris

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 11:53 AM Brent Fraser <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Chris,

    I think the fault is mine with a poorly tested code change.  Dan has a
pull request pending that will fix the issues, but in the mean time you can
simple change lines 501 and 523 to fix the two errors:

 501: delete the comment:  " // for lines..."

 523: change the
     != 200
    !== 200

 Best Regards,
 Brent Fraser

> I'm having a new issue rebuilding the geomoose javascript on windows per
> https://geomoose.github.io/gm3/install_on_windows.html
>
> I'm building on a current clone of geomoose 3, so the package-lock.json
> file should be up to date with the repo. After cloning
> and running 'npm install'; running 'npm run build' fails. I've tried
> deleting the node_modules directory and re-running npm install
> without success. I haven't made any changes to my clone of the repo.
>
> I've included some of the relevant errors below:
> [image: image.png]
>
> Any tips would be appreciated!
>
> Chris
>

> --
> Chris Hughes
>
> GIS Analyst
> Lincoln County Surveyor Department
> 880 NE 7th St. l Newport, OR 97365
> Tel: (541) 574 1283

Chris Hughes

GIS Analyst
Lincoln County Surveyor Department
880 NE 7th St. l Newport, OR 97365
Tel: (541) 574 1283

Re: [Geomoose-users] GM3 - Error building on current clone

James Klassen
BTW: Travis is still running the checks on the PRs, it just doesn't show up in GitHub.