[Geomoose-users] Animating time series data

[Geomoose-users] Animating time series data

KevinG
Has anyone successfully animated time series data in GeoMoose?
For example, I have 30 years of fish catch data (points) that I'd like to animate so that the user doesn't have to manually turn on 30+ layers.
Searching the archives, I found some posts years ago that used the AnimateLayers.js extension.  I have yet to get this to work using the nexrad weather images, but was wondering if this is still the go-to approach.
Ideally, as the layers are animated, it would be useful to display the year of catch data too, but I don't know if this is possible (perhaps if labelling is enabled?).
Another option could be to build the animation with 3rd party software and include the animation file as part of a call out or identify/metadata tab.
Thoughts?
Thanks, Kevin

Re: [Geomoose-users] Animating time series data

blammo
Kevin,

We’ve implemented some stuff here at the City with regard to time series data, we have the Radar weather images and some other odd layers here and there.  We’ve also went the route of building a separate interface for time series data related to Vehicle/Personnel Tracking.  This was primarily all as OpenLayers developement though.  But having a dedicated display engine has helped in some respects with being able to do some things that would be too heavy for GeoMOOSE alone.

The GeoMOOSE stuff is pretty basic though, simply updates a layer every few seconds with the newest data in the tracking database.

bobb

On Aug 1, 2017, at 9:23 AM, Kevin Grootendorst <[hidden email]> wrote:

Has anyone successfully animated time series data in GeoMoose?
For example, I have 30 years of fish catch data (points) that I'd like to animate so that the user doesn't have to manually turn on 30+ layers.
Searching the archives, I found some posts years ago that used the AnimateLayers.js extension.  I have yet to get this to work using the nexrad weather images, but was wondering if this is still the go-to approach.
Ideally, as the layers are animated, it would be useful to display the year of catch data too, but I don't know if this is possible (perhaps if labelling is enabled?).
Another option could be to build the animation with 3rd party software and include the animation file as part of a call out or identify/metadata tab.
Thoughts?
Thanks, Kevin

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
—Gandhi