Geolocation in react-ing layout

torrini
Hi all,

I tried a lot, but didn't get a Geolocation-widget in the new react-ing layout to run. I configured a WebLayout with just simple tools/commands. The weblayouts don't provide any Geolocation tool. The fusion layouts do have a Geolocation widget but are not supported in the react-ing layout (right?).
I've seen some Geolocation-stuff in the js-files and png-files within the react-ing folders. How do I get it to run?

Thanx in advance!

Installation:
MapGuide 3.1, 32bit
Windows 7 Pro, 64bit

Re: Geolocation in react-ing layout

torrini
an addition information: I want to use the sidebar template

Re: Geolocation in react-ing layout

Jackie Ng
As per this current table:

https://github.com/jumpinjackie/mapguide-react-layout/blob/master/TEMPLATES.md

The sidebar and ajax-viewer templates currently do not accept taking in ApplicationDefinition documents (where you could add a geolocation widget). As you no doubt have figured out, the WebLayout does not have a built-in command definition for geolocation.

This is something that is not implemented yet.

- Jackie

Re: Geolocation in react-ing layout

torrini
Will it ever or in the near future be implemented?

Re: Geolocation in react-ing layout

Jackie Ng

Re: Geolocation in react-ing layout

torrini
This post was updated on .
Good to know it's in the making.
When can I expect some enhancements? What does take you to implement it?
How can I push it? Or in other words: what's your price?

And what about the SearchCommand? I couldn't get it to work from the WebLayout to the sidebar-template.

Re: Geolocation in react-ing layout

Jackie Ng
With the 0.9 release you can now throw Application Definitions at the ajax-viewer and sidebar templates, with the condition that the Application Definition has specially named widget containers described in the footnotes here:

https://jumpinjackie.github.io/mapguide-react-layout/templates.html

If you create a new Application Definition in Maestro, it will have these named containers already

- Jackie