Geodata Committee inactive

jody.garnett
The discussion list provided the following note from David Bitner:

Jody,

I did present at the AGM to say that the Geodata Committee is indeed inactive.

David

David would you like us to make a motion to dissolve the committee, or as chair you could inform us it is no longer active.
--
Jody Garnett

Re: Geodata Committee inactive

David William Bitner-3
Hey Jody,

The entirety of the Geodata presentation was "The Geodata Committee is inactive".

Many of the original goals of the Geodata Committee which included hosting data, providing advocacy, initial prototyping things like Open Aerial Map never really took off as the volunteer load was quite substantial.

I think it would be entirely reasonable to dissolve the committee. I have asked several times over the last decade if there was anyone else who had energy to give things a jump start and have had no takers. Probably a sign.

-Bitner

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
David can I ask for clarification, I am sorry mins were not taken for the AGM meeting so I do not have notes from your presentation.

--
Jody Garnett

On 5 November 2017 at 22:42, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
The discussion list provided the following note from David Bitner:

Jody,

I did present at the AGM to say that the Geodata Committee is indeed inactive.

David

David would you like us to make a motion to dissolve the committee, or as chair you could inform us it is no longer active.
--
Jody Garnett

Re: Geodata Committee inactive

jody.garnett
Doubling back to this topic - the board decided not to dissolve the committee but instead seek new volunteers.

Has the search been successful? If so we review the committee mandate with new members.

--
Jody Garnett

On 7 November 2017 at 13:31, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Suchith Anand

Thanks. I have volunteered myself as member for this committee and joined the mail lists etc. I send email yesterday to the list [1]. Hoping for response soon .

Best wishes,

Suchith

[1]  https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geodata/2018-January/001054.html

[...]

************************************
David William Bitner
dbSpatial LLC

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.

Re: Geodata Committee inactive

jody.garnett
Thanks again Suchith:

Can I ask you to pass on the https://staging.www.osgeo.org/about/committees/public-geospatial-data-committee/ page to the email list and ask for review.

--
Jody Garnett

On 8 January 2018 at 11:26, Suchith Anand <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks. I have volunteered myself as member for this committee and joined the mail lists etc. I send email yesterday to the list [1]. Hoping for response soon .

Best wishes,

Suchith

[1]  https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geodata/2018-January/001054.html

Re: Geodata Committee inactive