Geocomputation using free and Open Source Software

Geocomputation using free and Open Source Software

Giuseppe Amatulli

Dear colleagues,

There are still a limited number of seats available for the International Summer School organized by Spatial Ecology (www.spatial-ecology.net) held at the Univ. of Basilicata, in the magnificent town Matera, Italy.

Geocomputation using free and Open Source Software (19th-23th June 2017)

A 5 days intense experience opening new horizons on the use of the vast potentials of Linux environment and the command line approach for geo-data processing using Bash, AWK, Python, GRASS, QGIS, GDAL/OGR, R, PKtools, OpenForis. We will guide newbies and experienced GIS users who have never used a command line terminal to a stage which will allow them to understand and apply very advanced open source data processing routines. Our focus is to enhance a self-learning approach. This allows participants to keep on progressing and improving their skills in a continuously evolving technological environment.

More information and registration:

www.spatial-ecology.net
www.spatial-ecology.net/upcoming-events
www.facebook.com/spatialecology > see events
twitter: @BigDataEcology

Best regards

Spatial Ecology – Team

--
Giuseppe Amatulli, Ph.D.

Research scientist at
Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies
Yale Center for Research Computing
Center for Science and Social Science Information
New Haven, 06511
Work:  https://environment.yale.edu/profile/giuseppe-amatulli/