Geoawesomeness: Upcoming Events

Edoardo Neerhut-2

Hi everyone,

Geoawesomeness is keen to run an online event focused on Oceania. For those that don't know, Geoawesomeness is an excellent source of geospatial news run on a voluntary basis by Muthukumar Kumar and Aleksander Buczkowski. They have been running a few events in recent months that allow organisations in the geospatial world to showcase how they apply geospatial tools to solve problems within a particular industry. Their upcoming event 'Earth Data and Analytics' will see UP42 and a few others sharing their observations on the Earth Observation space.

On behalf of Muthu, I wanted to see if there were any organisations keen to present at an Oceania focused event.

  • What topics and/or industry sectors would you like to hear from?
  • Do you have or know of a company or organisation applying geospatial technology in an interesting way?

The event would be run live with video recordings distributed to a global audience after the event for those that couldn't attend. Geoawesomeness would help to organise all the mechanics of the event, but is looking for €1,500 sponsorship and industry experts applying geospatial in exciting ways.

This is a wonderful opportunity to showcase the talent in our region.

I am CCing Muthu on this email for those that are interested and would like to follow up with him.

Cheers,

Ed

Re: Geoawesomeness: Upcoming Events

Alex Leith
Hey Ed

I'd be happy to either present or find someone else from Digital Earth Australia to present.

Cheers,

On Tue, 7 Jul 2020 at 17:37, Edoardo Neerhut <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

m: 0419189050

Re: Geoawesomeness: Upcoming Events

Alex Leith
Wait, 3 am Australia time! For an event focused on Oceania!

Not ideal...

image.png

--
Alex Leith
m: 0419189050

Re: Geoawesomeness: Upcoming Events

Edoardo Neerhut-2
Sorry Alex/everyone. My earlier email was clear as mud.

The 3am event is Europe focused. If you sign up you can receive the video links via email after the event to watch at a time that suits.

Separate to this, Muthu is asking for ideas on Oceania focused events. Alex, Digital Earth Australia sounds like an excellent candidate. I'll let Muthu chime in, but ideas for Oceania focused events are what Muthu is currently looking for.