GeoWebCache not caching tiles -- Problem communicating with GeoServer

GeoWebCache not caching tiles -- Problem communicating with GeoServer

Todd Jacobus
Hi all,

I can't seem to get GWC to seed/cache tiles using the default store directory (apache-tomcat-8x/temp/geowebcache).  In the logs I see this error:

2018-04-20 18:00:44,421 ERROR [org.geowebcache.seed.MTSeeder] - Problem communicating with GeoServer
org.geowebcache.GeoWebCacheException: Problem communicating with GeoServer
at org.geoserver.gwc.layer.GeoServerTileLayer.getMetatilingReponse(GeoServerTileLayer.java:594)
at org.geoserver.gwc.layer.GeoServerTileLayer.seedTile(GeoServerTileLayer.java:783)
at org.geowebcache.seed.SeedTask.doActionInternal(SeedTask.java:141)
at org.geowebcache.seed.GWCTask.doAction(GWCTask.java:76)
at org.geowebcache.seed.MTSeeder.call(MTSeeder.java:36)
at org.geowebcache.seed.MTSeeder.call(MTSeeder.java:25)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected: RenderedImageMap, got null
at org.geoserver.gwc.layer.GeoServerTileLayer.dispatchGetMap(GeoServerTileLayer.java:647)
at org.geoserver.gwc.layer.GeoServerTileLayer.getMetatilingReponse(GeoServerTileLayer.java:588)
... 9 more

I've followed the advice detailed in this thread and still nothing.  Has anyone dealt with this error before?

system information:
GWC version: 1.13.0
GeoServer version: 2.13.0
Tomcat version: 8.0.23
JDK: 8.0

Thanks much.  I really appreciate the help.

Best,
Todd

Re: GeoWebCache not caching tiles -- Problem communicating with GeoServer

Nuno Oliveira-3
Hi,

Unfortunately this may have several causes. The main consequence is that this particular line of code:
https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/blob/master/src/gwc/src/main/java/org/geoserver/gwc/wms/CacheSeedingWebMapService.java#L67-L71

is not invoked or invoked with a NULL map.

The only time I had to deal with something similar the issue was caused by a custom extension that
was hijacking the normal WMS GetMap operation workflow and the line above was never invoked.

My advice, try to reproduce this error with GeoServer demo data (or any data you can share) and
provide the necessary steps to reproduce it, this will allow a proper debug to be done.

Regards,

Nuno Oliveira

On 04/20/2018 09:59 PM, Todd Jacobus wrote:
[...]

==
==

Nuno Miguel Carvalho Oliveira
@nmcoliveira
Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

Re: GeoWebCache not caching tiles -- Problem communicating with GeoServer

nodier21
Se que este mensaje en español, pero a mi me funcionó el activar las
capacidades del WMS, las tenia desactivadas.

Para revisar si es cuestion de permisos, elimina los seed en el geowebcache,
si se eliminan, es que si hay permisos en la carpeta.

Despues, cuando tengas activadas las capacidades en el servicio WMS, siembra
nuevos tiles y seguramente ya te aparecera en la lista de tareas

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html