GeoWebCache error...

bkfitz
Was successfully using GWC to cache some layer groups... then all of a sudden, when i go back to either re-cache/truncate/etc, I get this:

"Unknown or malformed request. Please try again, somtimes the form is not properly received. This frequently happens on the first POST after a restart. The POST was to /geoserver/gwc/rest/seed/Carto_Basemap"

Any ideas???  i get the same error no matter what layer or layer group I try to cache...

PS - I get a very similar error when I go to "reload configuration":

"Unknown or malformed request. Please try again, somtimes the form is not properly received. This frequently happens on the first POST after a restart. The POST was to /geoserver/gwc/rest/reload"

PPS - Restarting tomcat doesn't fix it.