GeoTools Meeting 2017-07-11

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

GeoTools Meeting 2017-07-11

jody.garnett

GeoTools / GeoServer Meeting 2017-07-11

Attending

Ben Caradoc-Davies

Kevin Smith

Torben Barsballe

Jody Garnett

David Vick

Apologies

Brad Hards

Jukka Rahkonen

Agenda

  1. New build server

  2. Travis build problems

  3. Multi-Layer SLD GSIP

  4. New community module

Actions

  • Torben: Follow up with Nick about travis/repo build failures

  • Jody: to ask for release volunteer on the mailing list [DONE]

  • Jody: to confirm permission to use signing certificate from OSGeo System Admin Committee

Previous Meeting actions

  • AA: add links to presentation and user list posting guidelines in user list signatures and welcome messages

  • Team: user list discussion at BOF in foss4g-europe, boston

  • Jody (done): Reach out to boundless suite team about un-answered stack exchange questions

  • KS (done): Update GWC Security GSIP

  • JG (done): Communicate with devops about repo.boundlessgeo.com related travis failures

New build server

Progress

  • Phase I is done - nightly builds happen, and a release was made.

  • Phase II is about CITE testing - resources needed

  • Phase III online tests (databases etc…)


Q: When are we going to let it send email?

Is it worth doing this before CITE tests work?


Q: Database tests failing?

Not expected to work, database servers are IP locked so we would not expect it to work.


Notes:

  • PSC members should have SSH access, talk to Nick next week if you need access

  • Build server was mostly a normal setup, some notes added to geoserver doc guide (to cover sphinx latex setup requirements)


Ares builds still working, but slowly.


Coordination will be needed for Phase II and Phase III.

Travis build problems

Torben reached out to boundless “devops” - and many of them are on holiday.

Repo is taking too long to respond to travis resulting in build failures.

Jim posted a fix to the mailing list to increase the speed a bit.

Is anything specifically wrong? Is repo throttling travis, or …


Action:

  • TB: Follow up with Nick about travis/repo build failures

Multi-Layer SLD GSIP

See link GSIP-161


Revised based on feedback:

  • Work through the example at the end (showing use of multi-layer sld and including some pictures)

  • Layergroup can now contain a mix of layers, layergroups and a new thing “style group” (where the multi-layer sld defines what is drawn)

  • changed the order so the UI was introduced first, and then the implementation changes described

  • Answered andrea’s questions? Torben added an example discussion.

New JavaFX community module

Developer has been trying to contribute since march!


wiki page: https://github.com/geotools/geotools/wiki/JavaFX-Map-Module

pull - request: https://github.com/geotools/geotools/pull/1638


Several tabs in the pull request; merged; asked him to clean up on master.

Discussion

Ben and Jody discussing OSGeo Live :)

  • Can we make a GeoTools Quickstart? Perhaps …


Release next week

  • Volunteer needed?

    • Action: Jody to ask on the mailing list

  • New of new build server? Mac and windows still in progress - Nick is back next week.

    • Windows build box requires signing certificates (Nick, Larry, SAC).

    • Action: Jody to confirm permission to use signing certificate from OSGeo System Admin Committee

  • Recommend use of Ares, coordinate with Larry for windows release


REST API migration any remaining extensions or community modules expected for 2.12:

  • Code freeze is august

  • Yes - GeoWebCache


General review of pull requests from June code sprint.

  • LDAP Security PR 2446 requested a review from Niels

  • Move style file when moving style PR #2445 waiting on review from Nuno

  • S3 GeoTIFF waiting on feedback (not ready for review)


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
GeoTools-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geotools-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: GeoTools Meeting 2017-07-11

geowolf
On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 10:35 PM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

Travis build problems

Torben reached out to boundless “devops” - and many of them are on holiday.

Repo is taking too long to respond to travis resulting in build failures.

Jim posted a fix to the mailing list to increase the speed a bit.


I've applied Jim's suggestion to the GeoTools Travis build. Not sure it helps, 
some builds topped 50 minutes anyways right after that change, but they
were on the same day.
Let's see if it gets any better in the following days:


Cheers
Andrea

--

Regards,

Andrea Aime

==
GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica e/o nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio, per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso, divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
GeoTools-Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geotools-devel
Loading...