GeoTools / GeoWebCache / GeoServer Meeting 2017-07-25

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

GeoTools / GeoWebCache / GeoServer Meeting 2017-07-25

Torben Barsballe

Attending

Andrea Aime

Jody Garnett

Jukka Rahkonen

Torben Barsballe

Kevin Smith

Agenda

  • 2.11.2 release

  • 2.12-beta release (what new features?)

  • Questions on vector tiles on user list

  • Marlin at JavaOne

  • FOSS4G-EU chat

Actions

  • Jody: Catch up with Nick and SAC. about Windows build cert from OSGeo

  • Jody: 2.12-beta release - check if greater than 1 week delay is worth discussing, will report to a new email thread.

  • PMC: Kevin starting working, please vote on GSIP 169

  • Mike: Review new REST-API Docs and take look for gaps during August bug stomp.

  • Andrea: Make an email thread for Marlin renderer at JavaOne, work with Simone (or Jody) to request $500 USD for our GeoServer PSC Budget.

  • Andrea: Merge Marlin PR (done), and ask email list to test a nightly, will need to test installers during 2.12-beta.

  • Dave Blasby (?): gs-vectortiles needs a maintainer or goes back to community

Actions from last Meeting

  • Torben: Follow up with Nick about travis/repo build failures (done)

  • Jody: to confirm permission to use signing certificate from OSGeo System Admin Committee (done)

  • AA: add links to presentation and user list posting guidelines in user list signatures and welcome messages (done)


2.11.2 release

Do we have a release volunteer?

  • GeoSolutions racing for code freeze, but can help if we can delay it 1-2 weeks (up to second week of August)

  • Jody not available this week, can help on the weekend.

  • Boundless is racing for code freeze


Windows and mac builds are still manual, not quite working on new build server.

  • Windows build waiting on cert from OSGeo (jody got permission Nick needs to use it)

    • Action: Jody to catch up with Nick and SAC.

  • Mac build was on qgis server which is now gone (they moved to vagrant vm only available to developers running mac)

2.12-beta release (and what new features?)

How about august?

  • See email thread about delaying due to foss4g?

    • Proposal is to delay one week due to availability but still hit September 18th release for 2.12.

  • Action: Jody to check if greater than 1 week delay is worth discussing, will report to a new email thread.


New features incoming:

  • WMTS cascading

  • Style groups

  • GWC security improvements

    • Action: Kevin starting working, please vote on GSIP 169

  • GeoCSS variable expansion, minor improvements to editor

  • GWC Rest API Migrate - david vick working on this for code freeze (also docs?)

  • Options for KML Placemark placement

  • Options to control char/word spacing in text symbolizer

  • New REST-API Docs

    • Action: Mike to review and take look for gaps during August bug stomp.

  • HSV rendering transform or color transform

    • rendering transform easier, no GSIP

    • Color transform (normalization algorithm) has one use case (rotating a DEM color map) that we could not do.

Extensions:

  • geopkg community → extensions (needs splitting in store/wms/wfs/wps, and a volunteer) (and support for r-tree spatial index would be appreciated)


Community:

  • csv community datastore and wps output (ian turton)

  • GeoJson store

Questions on vector tiles on user list

A number of questions on the user list:

  • Maintainer: David Blasby is maintainer; currently focused on geogig.

  • Needs a maintainer or goes back to community…


Marlin renderer at JavaOne

https://www.gofundme.com/javaone-2017-travel-costs


GeoServer PSC does have a budget, can we help.

  • Action: Andrea to make an email thread, work with Simone (or Jody) to request $500 USD for our GeoServer PSC Budget.


Is the branch merged:

  • waiting on mac test, we cannot do final test until 2.12-beta

  • Action: Andrea merge, and ask email list to test a nightly, will need to test installers during 2.12-beta.


FOSS4G-EU chat

Presentation was a success: Stage of GeoServer 2.11

  • Thanks to Andrea, Kevin, Ian, Torben and Jody for Content

  • It took 30 mins, had to go fast over security and future challenges.


Ideas:

  • User conference 2018? We could do this .. one day presentations one day workshops

    • Concentrates people having specific interest in GeoServer

    • Small less expensive than full foss4g conference

    • Global one, or multiple small ones?


Conference:

  • Lack of wifi

  • Code sprints:

  • grass, pywps, osgeo-live and others were productive

  • got help with osgeo website, and team photos

Discussion

  • Winter is coming, code freeze august 18th (or one week later due to foss4g)

  • Build issues - no timeout issues recently from travis

  • Bug stomp friday

    • Help needed on REST API docs review and gaps

  • Raster Processing Engine (RPE) - went through 3 or 4 design decisions

  • CITE tests - after boston?




------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Geoserver-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geoserver-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GeoTools / GeoWebCache / GeoServer Meeting 2017-07-25

Ben Caradoc-Davies-2
On 26/07/17 04:40, Torben Barsballe wrote:
> GWC security improvements
>        Action: Kevin starting working, please vote on GSIP 169

I take it you mean GSIP 159?

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <[hidden email]>
Director
Transient Software Limited <http://transient.nz/>
New Zealand

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Geoserver-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geoserver-devel