GeoServer couldn't get the 'bytea' column data from the postgres ?

GeoServer couldn't get the 'bytea' column data from the postgres ?

dblasby
Deward,

bytea columns are binary data and are not currently supported in
geotools.  I made a bug request for you here:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-730

What are you trying to access and how do you want to represent it in
XML?

dave

testwfspost doesn't work?

Ryan D Taylor
Hi,

I've just installed geoserver by geoserver.war file.  I'm running version
1.3 RC4.  Immediately after installing, and before customizing geoserver
in any way, i'm running into problems.  I'm trying to send a request using
the sample requests page.  I go to demo->sample requests, choose
WFS_getFeature.xml from the pull down menu, click the Change button, then
click Submit.  Then I end up at the
http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs/TestWfsPost page

with the following displayed:

HTTP ERROR: 500 Internal Server Error
RequestURI=/geoserver/wfs/TestWfsPost

Any ideas on what's going wrong here?  I haven't changed anything and I
assume this sort of action should work "out of the box".  I appreciate any
help you might have.

Thanks,

Ryan T.

Re: testwfspost doesn't work?

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS)
This works on my Tomcat 5 setup with 1.3 RC4.

Can you tell us some more about your environment (J2SE SDK version,
which servlet container?).

Best regards,
Bart