GeoServer as a Windows service

Etienne Dube-2
Hi,

Is there an easy way to run GeoServer 1.3.0-RC1 as a Windows service,
with the .exe package install (using jetty as a servlet container) ?

Thanks

Etienne

Re: GeoServer as a Windows service

Chris Holmes-2
I don't think the thought has ever occured to us.  So basically, we
don't know.  If you were able to do some research into how to get
programs to run as windows services I think we'd be happy to try to
roll it in, if it's a feature users would like.  Postgresql is probably
a good starting point, I believe they offer service and non-service
options in their installer.  And if we could do it with our current
Null Soft Installer that would also be excellent.  Why don't you go
ahead an put this as a feature request in our task tracker at:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10311  And any
findings you come up with you can add as a comment.

best regards,

Chris

Quoting Etienne Dube <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Is there an easy way to run GeoServer 1.3.0-RC1 as a Windows service,
> with the .exe package install (using jetty as a servlet container) ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Etienne

Re: GeoServer as a Windows service

Etienne Dube-2
I've created a Wish in the task tracker :
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOS-370
I'm busy with some other tasks right now, so it's not really a priority
for me. If I have time (maybe in a few weeks) I'll take a look at what
the PostgreSQL installer and cygrunsrv (from Cygwin) do to install a new
service, and post my findings.

Thanks!

Etienne