GeoServer Vector Footprints for ImageMosaic Question

GeoServer Vector Footprints for ImageMosaic Question

Lonnie Matsuno

Hi,

I have a question regarding the Geoserver vector footprints.

Reading the documentation, there is are propeties footprint_inset_type=full/border and footprint_inset. If "border" is chosen, then should the tiles comprising the mosaic be butt matched?

I am observing in 2.7.1 that if the tiles have overlap and the inset / border property is used then gaps open up at small scales between the tiles.

Thanks.

Lonnie

Re: GeoServer Vector Footprints for ImageMosaic Question

Daniele Romagnoli-3
Hi Lonnie,
as far as I can see from the GeoTools code, the Border inset basically report similar info available in the GeoServer doc but it also says "assuming the granules are cut in a regular grid and meant to be displayed side by side (no overlap)"

That being said, I have a couple of questions on your use case.
- do you have a screenshot about the gaps are you seeing?
- do you have screenshot (and shapefile) of your vector footprints? (Do they overlap too?)

Cheers,
Daniele

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 7:37 PM, Lonnie Matsuno <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I have a question regarding the Geoserver vector footprints.

Reading the documentation, there is are propeties footprint_inset_type=full/border and footprint_inset. If "border" is chosen, then should the tiles comprising the mosaic be butt matched?

I am observing in 2.7.1 that if the tiles have overlap and the inset / border property is used then gaps open up at small scales between the tiles.

Thanks.

Lonnie

==
http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
==

Ing. Daniele Romagnoli
Senior Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

Re: GeoServer Vector Footprints for ImageMosaic Question

Lonnie Matsuno
Hi Daniele,

Sorry for the slow response.

After creating a sample non-overlapping data set, I may have got the answer I needed; that the granules comprising the layer should not overlap when using the inset feature.

With no overlap (and footprints not overlapped) the gaps do not appear at small scales and inset property set.

With the overlap (and footprints overlapped) the gaps do show up. I have attached a couple of screen shots (they aren't that great, given my test data). But, if you look at the middle of example-overlap.jpg you'll see the gap forming.

[...]

example-no-overlap.jpg (78K) Download Attachment
example-overlap.jpg (76K) Download Attachment