GeoServer REST API:

Rui Maciel
I've noticed that sending a HTTP POST request to /workspaces with a
valid request body document leads GeoServer to return a response that
mixes a content-type of 'application/json' but a response body that is
not valid JSON (i.e., the text string with the workspace name as
specified in the response body).

This behavior causes problems in some cases.  For example, some clients
use the Content-Type to pick how to handle the response body, which
includes parsing the response body with a JSON parser.

I've tested  this with GeoServer 2.15.0.

Best regards,

Rui Maciel

Re: GeoServer REST API:

geowolf
Hi,
it's probably some Spring MVC automatism doing that, picking a suitable content type from the default ones, as the code
is returning a response that is plain text without indicating the desired content type for it.
Here is the specific example, but I believe all other "POST" responses in the REST API are in the same situation:

I'd open a bug report first, and then as usual, pull request with a fix and tests are more than welcomed:

Cheers
Andrea