GeoServer, Openlayers, Windows - Proxy Hell I think?

GeoServer, Openlayers, Windows - Proxy Hell I think?

bsheehy
I'm using GeoServer to server maps and Openlayers to display them in a .Net Website. Its all installed on Windows Server 2003 with my my site that uses OpenLayers hosted by IIS.I use WFS and WMS services. Even though they are on the same server, I think the different ports 80 for IIs and 8080 for GeoServer constitute different domains.
Do I need to use a Proxy?

Can someone point me to some idiot proof help that shows me how to set this up - because I'm totally lost.