GeoServer ArcGIS Oracle Extension Data Interoperability - Attribute Table

GeoServer ArcGIS Oracle Extension Data Interoperability - Attribute Table

ayla

Background

A simple oracle spatial table is create with name, lat, lon, alt.  An oracle store is created in Geoserver and published.  An ArcGIS Data Interoperability Extension is added to ArcCatalog and a layer is created.  When the layer is added in ArcMap, the points are displayed.  However, there is no attribute table available to the user.

Why would ArcGIS not create the attribute table from the GML generated by GeoServer?

My Requirement

My requirement is too provide to the ArcMap user the ability to freely query the GeoServer WFS feature attributes.  The only mechanism discoverd by me so far is to create a query in the attribute tables within ArcMap (true or untrue?) using the Data Interoperability layer.

Is there any other mechanism?  I am not permited to use a direct database connection from ArcGIS.