GeoServer 2.16.x - JDK11 - JAI Image IO

geomatick
Hi Dear,

I m trying to follow the Java considerations in the latest documentation :
https://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/production/java.html

I installed GeoServer 2.15-RC in Tomcat 9 in Windows 64B, I know this
GeoServer version is in development.

I would like some explanation for the JAI Image IO native because the
documentation explains that we could cleanup GeoServer.

Once the installation is complete, you may optionally remove the original
JAI files from the GeoServer WEB-INF/lib folder:

jai_core-x.y.z.jar
jai_imageio-x.y.jar
jai_codec-x.y.z.jar

and It indicates that the installation of native JAI and ImageIO extensions
is outdated.

When I remove the three jars above, GeoServer doesn't work.
For jdk11, I didn't find jai native packages in oracle website, so I suppose
there are included in the jdk11, isn't it?

So What i must configure for GeoServer or in the system to get the JAI
ImageIo / JAI ext?

Thanks for your return.

Florian

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html

Re: GeoServer 2.16.x - JDK11 - JAI Image IO

Arnaud L.
Hi Florian

Le 11/02/2019 à 17:40, geomatick a écrit :
> I installed GeoServer 2.15-RC in Tomcat 9 in Windows 64B, I know this
> GeoServer version is in development.

Are you using a 64bit version of Java ? Because there is no native 64bit
version of native JAI or JAI_ImageIO on Windows.
Anyway, depending on your workload, you might still find it better to
use 64bit Java without JAI (that's the case for us because we have to
cope with very memory hungry WMS requests so we need very big heap sizes).

Cheers

--
Arnaud

Re: GeoServer 2.16.x - JDK11 - JAI Image IO

geomatick
Hi Arnaud,

Yes I m using a 64B version of Java.
Thank's for your answer.