GeoServer 2.11.2 test artifacts ready for quick tests (and help needed for Win/OSX installers)

GeoServer 2.11.2 test artifacts ready for quick tests (and help needed for Win/OSX installers)

geowolf
Hi,
has anyone some time to give the 2.11.2 release artifacts a quick spin?

As far as I know the windows and OSX builds are not going to show up, not sure
what to do about them? They both need to be signed right?
I can boot in Windows if that helps, but how do I go about building the artifact these days?
I haven't done so in years.

Cheers
Andrea

Andrea Aime

==
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

Re: GeoServer 2.11.2 test artifacts ready for quick tests (and help needed for Win/OSX installers)

Torben Barsballe
Hi Andrea,

For OS X, the machine responsible for building artifacts is still available, but is retiring soon. I have restarted the build there, so we should get OS X artifacts.

In general, it is not possible to sign the OS X or Windows artifacts on your own machine, because only a very small group of people have permissions / access to the OSGeo signing certificate (this is part of the reason why it has been taking so long to get the windows build on build.geoserver.org working) - if you are one of the people who does have access, then I guess this is not an issue.

Nick just got the cert for signing the Windows builds on build.geoserver.org last week, so you might be able to use that (perhaps with a bit of extra config on the build to get it to pull from ares).

If you are running the windows build on your own computer, you'll need NSIS and a few plugins, and should just be able to run the build/win_installer.sh script.

Torben

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 9:09 AM, Andrea Aime <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
has anyone some time to give the 2.11.2 release artifacts a quick spin?

As far as I know the windows and OSX builds are not going to show up, not sure
what to do about them? They both need to be signed right?
I can boot in Windows if that helps, but how do I go about building the artifact these days?
I haven't done so in years.

Cheers
Andrea

Andrea Aime

==
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
phone: <a href="tel:+39%200584%20962313" value="+390584962313" target="_blank">+39 0584 962313
fax: <a href="tel:+39%200584%20166%200272" value="+3905841660272" target="_blank">+39 0584 1660272
mob: <a href="tel:+39%20339%20884%204549" value="+393398844549" target="_blank">+39  339 8844549

[...]

Update:

The OS X build ran fine, the dmg is now available at http://ares.boundlessgeo.com/geoserver/release/2.11.2/
I've done a quick test of the dmg, and it starts up fine, and everything looks correct.

I've also kicked of a 2.11.2 windows build on build.geoserver.org (with a modified configuration that pulls the correct artifacts on ares).
Running into a few issues there getting the new cert working, but otherwise seems to be going well. Should have something shortly.

Torben

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 9:43 AM, Torben Barsballe <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

The windows build on build.geoserver.org built and signed the exe, although it wasn't able to copy the resulting artifact over to ares due to permissions issues. Once we fully move to build.geoserver.org, this will not be an issue.

It should be correctly signed, but it would be nice if someone who is natively on windows could test.

Torben

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Torben Barsballe <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I gave a spin at the bin file, seems to be working fine.
Since tomorrow I'm in vacation (and for the rest of the week), I'll go ahead and hit the publish button now :-)

Cheers
Andrea