GeoNode2.8.0 installed from source Thumbnails Error

GeoNode2.8.0 installed from source Thumbnails Error

Toni Schönbuchner
Dear Julierme,

I have GeoNode@2.8.0. installed in a virtualenv according to
http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/install_and_
admin/geonode_install/index.html. The thumbnails created by loading data
from GeoNode interface do not work at all.
They are displayed if and only if I upload the layers from GeoServer
interface and in a next step, run python manage.py updatelayers. It is very
interesting what happens here: after running updatelayers, if I go to
GeoNode interface, I see the thumbnail perfectly fine, but doing a right
click over it and copy image location, the response is an OWS url as I am
showing bellow. However If a make a request to the database,
get_thumbnail_url, the response is a http://localhost:8000/. Why port 8000?

I just did a test with a dev installation from master. ( Should not make any difference
to 2.8. ) Unfortunately I cannot reproduce your behavior. See my test here:
It´s of importance that I did not change anything in settings.py nor pavement.py

This means:

Django is started on port 8000 as pavement.py defines:

Geoserver is made available by Jetty which runs on port 8080:

And introduced to geonode in django settings here:

This should give you an overview for used ports in dev mode.

If I remove port 8000, the thumbnails work like a charm in port 80.

This does not make sense as with above there is no service listening on port 80!
Do you run several instances at the same time?
check:
$ lsof -i :80 | grep LISTEN

A brilliant idea came out. Let's compare GeoNode@2.8.0 stable installed via
apt-get with GeoNode@2.8.0 installed from source in a python virtualenv.

In production geonode installs apache which listens on port 80!
Then apache vhost forwards requests from port 80 to the wsgiDaemon
In other words it´s not that easy to compare both setups.

If it helps for you: If you´re testing on a local VM run over virtualbox
I could offer that I´m having a look at it? In this case it would be needed
that you send me the box somehow.

Besides this, last week Olivier Dalang drew my attention at his work running
geonode by use of docker. See: https://github.com/olivierdalang/SPCgeonode
This is an alternative to the official geonode docker stack.
As with geonode 'dev setup‘ this installation is meant to be used for customisations.
It´s worth to have a look at it - all you have to do is install docker on your current
platform, clone the repository and run docker-compose up --build -d
After a while you´ll have a solid running geonode on 127.0.0.1 at port 80 ;)

Cheers,

Toni

Re: GeoNode2.8.0 installed from source Thumbnails Error

jesdial

Dear Julierme,

I have [hidden email] installed in a virtualenv according to
[...]

Jesús de Diego Alarcón
[hidden email]

"La vida es linda, lo malo es que muchos confunden lindo con fácil."
Mafalda

Re: GeoNode2.8.0 installed from source Thumbnails Error

Toni Schönbuchner
Dear Julierme,

sorry for late reply. I´ve received your video. Unfortunately I´m on travel until the end of June.
Having an internet connection just enough for answering emails. Be sure that I will have a look
at it when back in civilisation ;)

Cheers,

Toni

Am 13.06.2018 um 01:19 schrieb Julierme Pinheiro <[hidden email]>:

Dear Toni Schonbuchner, Jesus de Diego and GeoNode Developers,

First of all, thank you very much for your reply.

I wonder if you received the videos about the issues I am having geonode-devmode. I received a message saying they were too big, though they are smaller than 15 MB.

Indeed Jesus, I am showing in the videos attached to this message, that GeoServer runs either on port 80 and port 8080 following the directions in http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/install_and_admin/geonode_install/index.html.  After installing GeoNode production I had some issues in respect to thumbnails as shown in the videos.

I got some issues regarding GeoNode DevMode thumbnails creation too, but they are different and I showed them in the previous e-mail attached videos. If you have not received them, let me know and I will send them again.

Thank you very much for your help.

I appreciated your time.

Kind regards

Julierme

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 2:07 PM, Jesús de Diego Alarcón <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

<geonode_production1.mp4><geonode_production2.mp4>