GeoNode hangout next week - Wednesday Sep 13th, 15:00 UTC

GeoNode hangout next week - Wednesday Sep 13th, 15:00 UTC

CrisG
Hey everyone - the doodle has spoken, let's meet Wednesday next week at 15:00 UTC. Please mark your calendar with the correct date/time:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2017&month=9&day=13&hour=15&min=0&sec=0&p1=215&p2=263&p3=137

Cheers,
Cristiano

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 5:34 PM, Cristiano Giovando <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would keep it to one hour, then for those who can stay longer we can leave the hangout open.

I'm going to wait until tomorrow night, then pick a date. Wednesday looks like a good candidate so far :)

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Francesco Bartoli <[hidden email]> wrote:
I realized you scheduled only 1 time window of one hour, can you spread it to a larger window please?

All devs can you fill it as soon as possible so it doesn't pass again?

Thanks,
Francesco

Sent from Nylas Mail, the best free email app for work

On set 6 2017, at 10:43 am, Francesco Bartoli <[hidden email]> wrote:
I realized you sc

Sent from Nylas Mail, the best free email app for work

On set 6 2017, at 10:41 am, Francesco Bartoli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Well done, thanks Cristiano!

Sent from Nylas Mail, the best free email app for work

On set 6 2017, at 10:30 am, Cristiano Giovando <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ciao Francesco,

It looks like the dates for that poll have passed. Shall we try again sometime next week? Here's a new Doodle poll with only five time options, hopefully that will make it quicker for folks to fill out :)

Looking forward to it!

Cristiano

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 10:06 AM, Francesco Bartoli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Doodle poll created:

Sent from Nylas Mail, the best free email app for work

On ago 24 2017, at 11:28 pm, Francesco Bartoli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great idea Angelos!

Ciao
Francesco

Il 24 ago 2017, 22:04 +0200, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]>, ha scritto:
I think we will need a Doodle poll for determining the date/time of the meeting.

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 9:38 PM, Francesco Bartoli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi devs,

Following the discussion about geonode-project and the first meeting during the sprint for what the future GeoNode should be, we can follow up with a call in the next days. A tentative agenda should be:

1. GeoNode project (as per Alessio's email)
1.1 Review settings management options and keep it as simpler as possible for downstream project development
1.2 Define clearer the inheritance approach for the above(pinax strategy, others)
1.3 Dependencies management(setup vs requirements)

2. GeoNode future vision
2.1 GeoNode official feature list
- What is GeoNode and its architecture (to guide GeoNode’s future API and clearly define what is and isn’t a GeoNode, opening the door for wildly different backend implementations in the future and helping big architecture changes)
- Where to track each of them
- External tests verifying each of them on an installation build in a continuos integration platform
- Officially supported installation procedures (deb packages, osgeo live, pypi, docker, ansible, ubuntu snaps) - Maybe we should have just one or two official ones
- Strategies to engage with selected potential new core committers that have been answering mails on the list or submitting good PRs

Please express your interest on participation and give a bunch of preferred times. Maybe integrate more topics in the agenda if I forgot something.

My +1 and any time after 5pm italian time is good for me

Ciao
Francesco

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
OSGeo Charter Member