GeoNode depolyment with dominname

naresh
Dear All,

 Please suggest for the following query. Sorry to post to this group, since the query is not related to GeoNode software. I felt some users might faced issue and I may get some solution.

 I have deployed the GeoNode 2.4 version in RHEL 7.2 64 bit machine. It is working fine. Now we want to make live to public. For this  our network team has given domain name with reverse proxy.

For example:   My System IP:  192.168.XXX.XXX
Given Domain Name: http://example.com/geonode

And they have told that with reverseproxy  when users type http://example.com/geonode will internal redirect to 192.168.XXX.XX  (Geonode depolyed system IP).

With the above the GeoNode home page is loading not properly, since  all the static links/jsfiles are not loaded, and I have found that the url is going to http://example.com/static/lib/css/assets.min.css?v=2.4

when I modified the urr as follows, it is working fine
http://example.com/geonode/static/lib/css/assets.min.css?v=2.4

Then I added  in settings.py file static_url=/static/ to url=/geonode/static. The home page loaded properly. However if we click on Layers/Map/documents - those links are going to again
http://example.com/layers - where page is not loading.

Please suggest

Please find below link -  it may be helpful - to give solution to my problme

Thanks&Regards,
Naersh

Re: GeoNode depolyment with dominname

Simo D
Hi,

geonode doesn't work well if is not in the root of the domain. The recommendation is to keep it under the root and user a virtualhost instead (like geonode.example.com/)

[...]

Simone

Re: GeoNode depolyment with dominname

naresh
Dear Simone,