GeoNode Quickstart - changing location of file uploads and PostGIS data storage

GeoNode Quickstart - changing location of file uploads and PostGIS data storage

TC Haddad

Hello all,

I am working with a group that is going to use the GeoNode quickstart for a demo. They will be installing on an Ubuntu 16 server, but for disk space reasons, they will need to make changes to the location where file uploads are stored, and also to where the  Postgres/postgis data is stored.

My question is: In how many places do I need to make these location configuration changes ?

I can see that some of the relevant settings are in:
  • local_settings.py
  • postgresql.conf
  • geonode.conf (Apache)
but are there any other configuration files that need to be edited as well? What about the GeoServer data settings? Where does the quickstart setup put them?

thanks in advance,
Tanya