GeoNode PSC (Federico Gianoli)

Toni Schönbuchner
Hey Federico,

just to double check:

        • The candidate must send her/his application to the GeoNode Users mailing lists, providing a brief statement, after which voting can begin.

Means everybody can only express her/his own interested to be part of the PSC.
It is not possible that I propose someone else, right?

Cheers,

Toni

Re: GeoNode PSC (Federico Gianoli)

Alessio Fabiani-2
Accordingly to this statement "A new PSC member can be nominated or self-nominate at any time." in principle it is possible to nominate a candidate also.

I do not envisage any limitations on that. Anyone remember that candidates must match the "Criteria for Selection", though.

Il giorno mer 13 giu 2018 alle ore 15:29 Toni Schönbuchner <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Hey Federico,

just to double check:

        • The candidate must send her/his application to the GeoNode Users mailing lists, providing a brief statement, after which voting can begin.

Means everybody can only express her/his own interested to be part of the PSC.
It is not possible that I propose someone else, right?

Cheers,

Toni

==

==
Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A - 55054  Massarosa (LU) - Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39 331 6233686

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Re: GeoNode PSC (Federico Gianoli)

Toni Schönbuchner
Grazie Alessio,

that was exactly the point where I got unsure.

Cheers,

Toni

CSGIS

Kolonnadenstraße 1
04109 Leipzig
Mobil +49/ (0) 176 6680 3198
Tel  +49/ (0) 341 24 04 738
Fax  +49/ (0) 341 24 04 73

Hinweis gemäß § 33 BDSG
Daten der Verfahrensbeteiligten werden gespeichert. Dieses Dokument ist ausschließlich für den
Adressaten bestimmt. Der Inhalt der E-Mail ist vertraulich. Falls Sie diese E-Mail versehentlich
erhalten haben, rufen Sie uns unter obiger Rufnummer umgehend an und löschen Sie diese Nachricht
von Ihrem Computer. Jegliche Art von Reproduktionen, Verbreitung, Vervielfältigung, Veränderung,
Verteilung und/oder Veröffentlichung dieser E-Mail ist verboten.

Am 13.06.2018 um 15:36 schrieb Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]>:

envisage

Re: GeoNode PSC (Federico Gianoli)

Toni Schönbuchner
Dear Alessio,

one more question. Where can one find the current list of PSC members?
It could be nice to have an updated list somewhere (mabye github wiki)?

By the way. The mentioned authors link (https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/wiki/Community-Bylaws#)
in wiki ends in 404. This information could be useful for the coming process.

[...]

Hi Toni,
accordingly to the old rules, those are the top 7 from this list here

But since we voted for a new procedure, I don't think this list is still valid.

--

==

==
[...]

Re: [GeoNode-devel] GeoNode PSC proposal

xbartolone
+1 for both

Il giorno 15/giu/2018, alle ore 18:06, Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

@Toni +1

I really would like Oliver to be part of the PSC also

Even you, imho, should send your candidature. You are one of the most active in the ml, and you also should be part of the PSC.

Il ven 15 giu 2018, 14:57 Federico Gianoli <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Thanks Toni for proposing Olivier.

before to add him to the candidate list, I would like to know if he accepts the candidature.

Regards

Federico

Il giorno ven 15 giu 2018 alle ore 14:24 Toni Schönbuchner <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Hi @all,

Alessio, Francesco and Simone you are for sure not only on my list the top candidates for the PSC membership.
All of you beeing a strong ‚driving force‘ for the project and always willing to help! –Thank you–

From a conversation with Alessio it should be possible to put someone else on the list
of nominees as well. That´s why  I would propose Olivier Dalang ([hidden email]) as member of the PSC board.

Olivier has manifested a profund knowledge about GeoNode [1], is willing to help users at the ML, and not only once he
adressed valuable ideas regarding the systems future [2].

@Oliver: if you’re unhappy with my suggestion don´t hesistate to contradict!

Besides that:

Anyone from the community can also attend meetings and participate in the discussion, but only PSC members can vote on decisions.“ [3]

+1 for this democratic approach!
—> Words are actions as well! (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

Cheers,

Toni

CSGIS

Kolonnadenstraße 1
04109 Leipzig
Mobil +49/ (0) 176 6680 3198
Tel  +49/ (0) 341 24 04 738
Fax  +49/ (0) 341 24 04 73

Hinweis gemäß § 33 BDSG
Daten der Verfahrensbeteiligten werden gespeichert. Dieses Dokument ist ausschließlich für den
Adressaten bestimmt. Der Inhalt der E-Mail ist vertraulich. Falls Sie diese E-Mail versehentlich
erhalten haben, rufen Sie uns unter obiger Rufnummer umgehend an und löschen Sie diese Nachricht
von Ihrem Computer. Jegliche Art von Reproduktionen, Verbreitung, Vervielfältigung, Veränderung,
Verteilung und/oder Veröffentlichung dieser E-Mail ist verboten.

Anfang der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:

Von: Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]>
Betreff: Aw: [GeoNode-users] GeoNode PSC (Federico Gianoli)
Datum: 13. Juni 2018 um 15:36:07 MESZ
An: Toni Schönbuchner <[hidden email]>
Kopie: Federico Gianoli <[hidden email]>, geonode-users <[hidden email]>

Von: Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]>
Datum: 13. Juni 2018 um 15:36:07 MESZ
An: Toni Schönbuchner <[hidden email]>

Von: Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]>
Datum: 13. Juni 2018 um 15:36:07 MESZ
An: Toni Schönbuchner <[hidden email]>
Kopie: Federico Gianoli <[hidden email]>, geonode-users <[hidden email]>

Accordingly to this statement "A new PSC member can be nominated or self-nominate at any time." in principle it is possible to nominate a candidate also.

Re: [GeoNode-devel] GeoNode PSC proposal

olivier
Hi !

Thanks for the +1s :-) I just sent my candidature...

I agree with Alessio, Toni it would be great to have you in the PSC. You're already very active and if you think of participating to upcoming discussions anyways, your opinion should be counting too !

Cheers,

Olivier

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 11:46 PM Toni Schönbuchner <[hidden email]> wrote:
@Alessio, Francesco and Simone,

thanks for your +1 but I´ve decided to yield the floor for others by now.
( It may happen that I candidate in a later round. )

But as the rules define that non PSC members are allowed to attend conference talks
as well (yeah! open discussion) I would herby express my interest in:

# Beeing trainied as a graphic designer I´d love to share ideas around
UX and the overall look and feel of geonode. Further the FE technics behind.
(Headless GN3, decoupled templates ?!, ES6 has arrived (!), Tests for the js stack,
valid markup [I´m looking at you angular], bloated markup due to bootstrap and so on.)

# a slim core. I would welcome a discussion regarding adding and removing
functionalities. Which capabilities could/should be optional (social media stuff,
gravatar f.e. a nightmare for the new GDPR) what is essential to the core ...

To make a long story short it would be great if the PSC could post upcoming topics somewhere
(from time to time at Gitter?) that all others can put their two cents in  ;)

That is all from me for the moment.
Let´s enjoy the dance!

Am 15.06.2018 um 18:06 schrieb Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]>:

@Toni +1

I really would like Oliver to be part of the PSC also

Even you, imho, should send your candidature. You are one of the most active in the ml, and you also should be part of the PSC.

Il ven 15 giu 2018, 14:57 Federico Gianoli <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Thanks Toni for proposing Olivier.

before to add him to the candidate list, I would like to know if he accepts the candidature.

Regards

Federico

Il giorno ven 15 giu 2018 alle ore 14:24 Toni Schönbuchner <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Hi @all,

Alessio, Francesco and Simone you are for sure not only on my list the top candidates for the PSC membership.
All of you beeing a strong ‚driving force‘ for the project and always willing to help! –Thank you–

From a conversation with Alessio it should be possible to put someone else on the list

Von: Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]>
Datum: 13. Juni 2018 um 15:36:07 MESZ
An: Toni Schönbuchner <[hidden email]>