GeoNetwork feedback emails

Luke-2
Hi

I am trying to debug why emails are not sending from GeoNetwork. Hoping
someone can help me work through some log entries. Using GeoNetwork 3.0.4
(win w/SQL Server)

I have the system feedback settings configured (email, host, port, sll,
auth).

I have the node set to log at Dev level

When trying to reset a password I can see all the calls to the database to
retrieve the mail details and then the jeeves service begins to dispatch
the password.reminder email however the service xml looks empty. Should
this be something else?

Service xml is :
<response />

Then the service ends and dispatch ends.
The next debug message says:

2016-08-31 11:14:33,025 DEBUG
[jeeves.config.springutil.JeevesDispatcherServlet] - Null ModelAndView
returned to DispatcherServlet with name 'spring': assuming HandlerAdapter
completed request handling

Attached log for entire request

Questions, should i see something else here? I'd like to determine whether
the email is being sent and whether the issue is elsewhere.

*Luke Bassett*
* <[hidden email]>*Melbourne Australia

log_extract_email.txt (41K) Download Attachment

Re: GeoNetwork feedback emails

Luke-2
Hi

I have not yet been able to crack this, hoping someone could help.

Wireshark on the server shows no traffic on port 25 when testing email from
GN. We were able to send email using the same connection details from FME
which exists on the server so I don't see any issues with firewall or smtp
connection details.

I profiled MSSQL and I can see the JDBC calls to retireve all of the user
and smtp details, they all seem to be ok.

I tried other email functions in GN and they also resulted in no email and
we got the error

DEBUG [jeeves.config.springutil.JeevesDispatcherServlet] - Null
ModelAndView returned to DispatcherServlet with name 'spring': assuming
HandlerAdapter completed request handling

The smtp connections are as follows
email: [hidden email]
smtp host: outlook.site.com
smtp port: 25
use SSL: No
User name: sitedomain\user
User Pw: xyz

Are there any Jetty settings that need to be configured or anything that
effect email from GeoNetwork?

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 11:34 AM, Luke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to debug why emails are not sending from GeoNetwork. Hoping
> someone can help me work through some log entries. Using GeoNetwork 3.0.4
> (win w/SQL Server)
>
> I have the system feedback settings configured (email, host, port, sll,
> auth).
>
> I have the node set to log at Dev level
>
> When trying to reset a password I can see all the calls to the database to
> retrieve the mail details and then the jeeves service begins to dispatch
> the password.reminder email however the service xml looks empty. Should
> this be something else?
>
> Service xml is :
> <response />
>
> Then the service ends and dispatch ends.
> The next debug message says:
>
> 2016-08-31 11:14:33,025 DEBUG [jeeves.config.springutil.JeevesDispatcherServlet]
> - Null ModelAndView returned to DispatcherServlet with name 'spring':
> assuming HandlerAdapter completed request handling
>
> Attached log for entire request
>
> Questions, should i see something else here? I'd like to determine whether
> the email is being sent and whether the issue is elsewhere.
>
> Cheers,
> --
>
> *Luke Bassett*
> * <[hidden email]>*Melbourne Australia

--

*Luke Bassett*
* <[hidden email]>*Melbourne Australia

Re: GeoNetwork feedback emails

Rim55
This post was updated on .
Hi!
I have the same problem with GN 3.0.4. Mails are not sending from GeoNetwork.
Have you solved this problem?

Regards,
Iren