GeoNetwork database MSSQLServer2012

Andžej  Miloš
Hello,
I'm new user of GeoNetwork. Have deployed version 3.0.4 on Tomcat 9 on Windows Server 2012.

We have hundreds of datasets and metadata XML files. Datasets are published on ArcGIS Server and in .shp and .tif files. We will publish metadata in GeoNetwork and associate them with datasets.

Before publishing metadata I want to clear out some things:

1)      Are published metadata stored in database or in filesystem after publishing them in GeoNetwork?

2)      For what database is used?

3)      How to configure MSSQLServer database with GeoNetwork?

Kind regards
Andžej Miloš
GIS application developer
Tel.: +358 40 628 1869; Skype: helcom88
E-mail: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
[cid:image001.png@01D07B81.0330C5B0]
Baltic Marine Environment Protection Commission
Katajanokanlaituri 6 B, FI-00160 Helsinki, Finland
www.helcom.fi<http://www.helcom.fi/>
[Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/helcominfo>   [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/helcominfo>

image001.jpg (2K) Download Attachment
image002.png (1K) Download Attachment
image003.jpg (1024 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: GeoNetwork database MSSQLServer2012

Luke-2
Hi Andžej

1. Yes, metadata is stored in the database
2. Many things, system settings, metadata records, contacts, security
groups and users
3. This page has some information

http://geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/trunk/eng/users/maintainer-guide/installing/configuring-database.html

There is an xml file with database preference. Another with database
connection details. You must ensure you have jdbc driver installed with
java on the geonetwork server. Also there are some minor adjustments you
need to make to the database migration scripts to make them with with MSSQL
TSQL.

--

*Luke Bassett*
* <[hidden email]>*Melbourne Australia