GeoNetwork beta 5 released

Andrea Carboni-2
Hi all,

we are not strictly following our plans but we will try to deliver
geonetwork 2.1 final by end of July. This version should have
been the release candidate (RC) but there were too much
features left and too many bugs to fix. So, here is the beta-5.

Starting with beta-4 we merged intermap into geonetwork. With
Beta-5 this integration is still being tuned. The geographic search
works but there is still some work to be done in this area.

We worked hard to fix bugs. Many trac tickets have been closed
and others will be so this beta should be pretty stable. I would like
to thank Simon Pigot here, who made an excellent work in fixing
some nasty bugs of the editor.

A few words about new features:

- Tooltips have been added to metadata elements in both the
  editor and metadata view. This is very usefull when editing
  metadata.

- The privileges EDIT and ADMIN have been removed and the concepts
  of metadata owner and ownership have been introduced. I will
  write some docs for them in time for the RC.

I have also tried to fix some problems with postgres but I don't have
it installed so I was unable to verify them. Anyway, I encourage users
to provide tons of feedback in order to deliver a bugs free final release.

Thanks to all!

Cheers,
Andrea

Re: GeoNetwork beta 5 released

Brian Bishop
Hi Andrea

Installed Beta 5 on Postgres 8.2. Database create worked ok, including
there, but did not appear to cause a problem.
Also managed to create a user with editor role, this is a good step forward.
Even the thumbnail is back in the bounding box ;)

Cheers
Brian

Andrea Carboni wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we are not strictly following our plans but we will try to deliver
> geonetwork 2.1 final by end of July. This version should have
> been the release candidate (RC) but there were too much
> features left and too many bugs to fix. So, here is the beta-5.
>
> Starting with beta-4 we merged intermap into geonetwork. With
> Beta-5 this integration is still being tuned. The geographic search
> works but there is still some work to be done in this area.
>
> We worked hard to fix bugs. Many trac tickets have been closed
> and others will be so this beta should be pretty stable. I would like
> to thank Simon Pigot here, who made an excellent work in fixing
> some nasty bugs of the editor.
>
> A few words about new features:
>
> - Tooltips have been added to metadata elements in both the
>   editor and metadata view. This is very usefull when editing
>   metadata.
>
> - The privileges EDIT and ADMIN have been removed and the concepts
>   of metadata owner and ownership have been introduced. I will
>   write some docs for them in time for the RC.
>
> I have also tried to fix some problems with postgres but I don't have
> it installed so I was unable to verify them. Anyway, I encourage users
> to provide tons of feedback in order to deliver a bugs free final release.
>
> Thanks to all!
>
> Cheers,
> Andrea

*-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Brian Bishop

Coordinator Ocean Information Systems

Ocean and Islands Programme

/*SOPAC */**PACIFIC ISLANDS APPLIED GEOSCIENCE COMMISSION**

Postal Address: Private Mail Bag, GPO, Suva, Fiji Islands

Street Address: 241 Mead Road, Suva, Fiji Islands

Tel: +679 338 1377

Fax: +679 337 0040

E-mail: [hidden email]

Web site: _http://www.sopac.org_ <http://www.sopac.org/>