GeoNetwork Thumbnails in Database

abel.ludba
This post was updated on .
Hello
Currently GeoNetwork stores Thumbnails (at least in my latest version)
on the computer and not where the XML metadata is stored. my question: is
there a way to store Thumbnails (pictures) in a database (same for the XML
metadata) ?Thanks

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-developer-f3874395.html

Re: GeoNetwork Thumbnails in Database

Jose Garcia
Hi

"Potentially" can be implemented a new class DatabaseStore that implements the interface Store and manages about the persistence and retrieval of the files attached to the metadata (not only thumbnails) in the database. I quote "potentially" as time ago I checked the code to implement a similar change, but was not that simple as other code outside of  FileSystemStore relies also in file system for metadata files.

Regards,
Jose García

On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 4:10 AM abel.ludba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hekki Currently GeoNetwork stores Thumbnails (at least in my latest version) on the computer and not where the XML metadata is stored. my question: is there a way to store Thumbnails (pictures) in a database (same for the XML metadata) ? Thanks

Sent from the GeoNetwork developer mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,

Jose García

Veenderweg 13
6721 WD Bennekom
The Netherlands
T: <a href="tel:+31318416664" style="font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif" target="_blank">+31 (0)318 416664

Re: GeoNetwork Thumbnails in Database

abel.ludba
Hello Jose
I looked the code a little bit.
It doesn't look impossible.
Will try to implement later on this summer.
Will let you know.
Thanks
Abel

--