GeoNetwork 4.0.0 release date

Oscar Diago Alonso
Good morning.

Does GeoNetwork developers make public a release timeline? I would like to know if there is an approximate date for the official release of GeoNetork 4.0

Thanks!

Best regards.

Óscar Diago Alonso
Analista / Desarrollador GIS
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
Tfno.: +34 945 13 13 72
C/ Pintor Clemente Arráiz, 3 BJ (01008) Vitoria-Gasteiz, Álava

________________________________

Re: GeoNetwork 4.0.0 release date

Francois Prunayre
Hi, milestones dates are usually set on github
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/milestones

About 4.0.0, alpha2 is already used live in some places so it really
depends on what features you are using in GeoNetwork.
See https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/issues/4727 for details
on what is missing. Alpha release will probably take place every month or 2
months. We are still looking for support/funding for some major
functionalities like multilingual support.

So 4.0.0 depends on contributions and support we will get and also
agreements on the features that we may not port from 3.x to 4.x.

Cheers.

Francois

Le lun. 28 sept. 2020 à 12:39, Oscar Diago Alonso <[hidden email]>
a écrit :

> Good morning.
>
> Does GeoNetwork developers make public a release timeline? I would like to
> know if there is an approximate date for the official release of GeoNetork
> 4.0
>
> Thanks!
>
> Best regards.
>
> Óscar Diago Alonso
> Analista / Desarrollador GIS
> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
> Tfno.: +34 945 13 13 72
> C/ Pintor Clemente Arráiz, 3 BJ (01008) Vitoria-Gasteiz, Álava
>
> ________________________________

Thanks for the answer. That link is very useful.

Just one question. You have mentioned you are looking for funding for some major functionalities like multilingual support, but I have been working with multilingual metadata in other versions of GeoNetwork . Does that mean that with the last Alpha my customer won't be able to create and edit multilingual metadata? Sorry for my lack of knowledge about how GeoNetwork is developed.

They are very interested in the changes performed for the categories in the Home page, but if multilingual metadata are not possible I guess they won't update to the last Alpha.

Thanks again.

Le lun. 28 sept. 2020 à 12:39, Oscar Diago Alonso <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> a écrit :
Good morning.

Does GeoNetwork developers make public a release timeline? I would like to know if there is an approximate date for the official release of GeoNetork 4.0

Thanks!

Best regards.

Óscar Diago Alonso
Analista / Desarrollador GIS
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]><mailto:[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
Tfno.: +34 945 13 13 72
C/ Pintor Clemente Arráiz, 3 BJ (01008) Vitoria-Gasteiz, Álava

________________________________

Re: GeoNetwork 4.0.0 release date

Francois Prunayre
Hi,

GeoNetwork 4 editor is the same as in 3 and is fully operational (only
XLink support is missing but probably not much used).

The change is on the search services with the replacement of Lucene by
Elasticsearch.

So the multilingual support for the search part of the application is
missing (incomplete) ie. at least
* Index / Store all translations
* Index / Define analyzer depending on languages
* Search / Configuration of search fields to use depending on UI language
* Facet / Choose field depending on language
* Results / Display information depending on UI language
and we can probably for a first implementation skip all (unused?) advanced
options available about automatic detection, sort language preferences,
scoring ...

https://apps.titellus.net/geonetwork currently contains records from
https://www.geocat.ch/ which contains records in one to 5 languages. So you
will see that those records are indexed, can be searched, edited but in the
search you can see that for now, fields & facets can contain a mix of
languages ... so this is the part to work on.

So you should ask for support and help moving forward on this!

Cheers.
Francois