GeoNetwork 3.10.4 released

Jose Garcia
Dear all,
We're proud to announce the release of GeoNetwork opensource v3.10.4 (http://geonetwork-opensource.org/).

You can find the software at https://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork/files/GeoNetwork_opensource/v3.10.4/

You can find a list of new functionalities and fixes in v3.10.4 at https://geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/trunk/en/overview/change-log/version-3.10.4.html

If you have any improvements you want to contribute back, the best is to use git to get a local copy of the source code, apply the fix and put out a Pull request so your improvements can be integrated quickly. Otherwise you can also create new Tickets in the issue tracker:
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/issues

Thanks and congratulations to the all community members and developers that have been putting efforts and energy in this release!

Jose García

PSC Member

--
Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,

Jose García

Veenderweg 13
6721 WD Bennekom
The Netherlands
T: <a href="tel:+31318416664" style="font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif" target="_blank">+31 (0)318 416664

Re: GeoNetwork 3.10.4 released

Angelos Tzotsos
Dear Jose, all,

Congratulations for the release!
Can someone please update the OSGeoLive installer for this new release?
https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/blob/master/bin/install_geonetwork.sh

Best regards,
Angelos

On 10/1/20 4:26 PM, Jose Garcia wrote:
[...]

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
President
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: GeoNetwork 3.10.4 released

jody.garnett
Congratulations on the release!

I was going to offer to deploy the release to repo.osgeo.org but I see it is already done, and am surprised at the version number used:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.geonetwork-opensource</groupId>
  <artifactId>domain</artifactId>
  <version>3.10.4-0</version>
</dependency>

I understood the point of using 3.10.4-SNAPSHOT was to make the next 3.10.4 release, the use of 3.10.4-0 forces maven to treat the version number as a string.

3.10.0-0
3.10.1-0
3.10.2-0
3.10.3-0
3.10.4-0
3.6.0-0
3.8.0-0
(3.8.1 tag is 3.8.2-SNAPSHOT)
(3.8.2 tag is actually 3.8.3-SNAPSHOT)
3.8.3-0
4.0.0-alpha.3

In the above list 3.10.4-0 should be listed after 3.8.3-0 but because it is being compared as a string it shows up in the wrong order.

In the future can I recommend removing the "-SNAPSHOT" when making a release, so 3.10.4-SNAPSHOT becomes 3.10.4 on release.
--
Jody Garnett

On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 at 06:53, Jose Garcia <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Jody

Thanks for the feedback, I'll update the scripts to remove the -0 suffix for the 3.10.5 version.

Regards,
Jose García

On Sat, Oct 3, 2020 at 12:46 AM Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I wanted to add to this release ... with the first formal release of iso191319.ca.HNAP:

See the above release announcement crediting those who contributed, following the core-geonetwork example.
[...]

Hi Jose:

I setup two PRs with this change for you:

This change means that downstream projects can continue to compile against the master or 3.10.x branch and not have to be updated each time a release is made.

I also double checked my research, and found a new article which actually tested with unit tests what maven does for both version definition and sort order, rather than trust the documentation!

It is worth reading, I was not aware how complicated it is!
- the difference between . and _ is ignored during sorting
- It also indicates that 3.10.0 and 3.10.0-0 are sorted exactly the same!
- And 4.0-alpha and 4.0a are aliases and also sort exactly the same

Jody