GeoMoose on new OSGeo website

jody.garnett
Afternoon PSC members:

As you may of seen the osgeo.getinteractive.nl website is coming together - and want to make sure GeoMOOSE is included in time for FOSS4G.

Can we ask you to fill in the software project form

Tips and tricks:
- This should go pretty quick as you have a overview on the osgeo live to cut and paste from.
- The categories are important control where GeoMOOSE appear in the choose-a-project pages
- We are interested in screen snaps and a team photo (you will need to provide a URL)
- If you have any GeoMoose presentations or tutorials add them using the resource form
- If there are any service providers (corporations, organizations or individuals) please let us know and encourage them to fill in the service providers form
- If you are attending the foss4g code sprint sign up for website training.

--
Jody Garnett

Re: GeoMoose on new OSGeo website

blammo
All,

I can start this out this evening if no one else wants to start it sooner.

Question for Jody though, if the Overview has much of the info needed, is there a future where one or the other side of this information equation can tap the other for populating it’s respective content in an automated way, Software Project Form —> Overview or Overview —> Project Software Form . . . .

bobb

On Jul 31, 2017, at 3:36 PM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Re: GeoMoose on new OSGeo website

Dan Little-2
Hey Bob,

Please hold off. I've just talked to Jody and I want to make sure everything we submit is geared for 3.0.

On Jul 31, 2017 3:43 PM, "Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul)" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

That was going to be my next question . . .  :c)

The Overview and the QuickStart will need some editing too.  Which is where the question about reducing duplication came from . . .

bobb

On Jul 31, 2017, at 3:46 PM, Dan Little <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

"Do, or do not. There is no try."
- Yoda

Re: GeoMoose on new OSGeo website

jody.garnett
This form thing is just a short term content-creation crunch, you will get edit access on the new website to maintain / adjust.  Indeed if we had LDAP setup correctly you could of been editing already ...

As for the future:
- Jeff Johnson and the OSGeo Live team had some ideas about collecting this into a yaml file in each repository - and then generating out website, information sheets and osgeo live overviews...
- But ... the OSGeo Live team is stuck up against their release
- But ... the website has a deadline for foss4g

Still if that is a future you are interested in let's talk at foss4g.

--
Jody Garnett