GeoMoose Press release

Brian Fischer

Since issue #6 with the demo seems to be fixed should I instruct Frank to do the OSGEO press release or hold off until the website is switch is complete?

Brian Fischer

Principal | GIS Project Manager

O 763.493.4522 | D 763.493.6664 | F 763.493.5572

cid:image001.jpg@01CC3702.356B79C0

  6901 E Fish Lake Rd. , Suite 140 Maple Grove, MN  55369

www.houstoneng.com

This entire message (including all forwards and replies) and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential, trade secret, work-product, attorney-client or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: GeoMoose Press release

blammo

How soon before Website switch is to be made?  A week or two, if so, I say wait, otherwise let ‘er rip.

Bobb

Re: GeoMoose Press release

James Klassen

I might have missed something, but last I heard, Duck fixed it for Chrome and IE 10 but IE 8 needs more work.

I am OK with that if others are.  (Personally, I think it is ridiculous to still be worried about IE 8.  WinXP and IE 8 are ancient and the additional code and effort to support them adds  complexity and takes away from what we could otherwise do with up to date browsers. GeoMoose doesn't work on my Mac SE or C64 either, but I don't see that holding up releases.)

On Sep 4, 2013 1:38 PM, "Eli Adam" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Ok, I’ll instruct Frank to send out the press release.

I agree screw IE8, not worth the effort.

Brian Fischer

Principal | GIS Project Manager

Houston Engineering, Inc.

O 763.493.4522 | D 763.493.6664 | F 763.493.5572

Re: GeoMoose Press release

blammo

I think we’re good to move to new site design.

This does bring up a point though about compatibility.  Is there a browser compatibility page somewhere already that lists these supported browsers?  Possibly a Wiki page?

Bobb

Re: GeoMoose Press release

Dan Little
DNS changes have been submitted.

Re: GeoMoose Press release

blammo

Well, there is one for GeoMoose at OSGeo already, but I find it hard to organize stuff there.  It’s not obvious at all how to search for only GeoMoose stuff in it.  We also have the existing one that wiki.geomoose.org could/should point at.

Bobb

Re: GeoMoose Press release

Brian Fischer

I think that makes sense.  Is the content from the old wiki pages going to get moved or will this just point back to the old wiki?

I only ask because I know some Oregon users are still using it and we are using it for monthly meeting minutes.

[...]

O <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:763.493.4522" target="_blank">763.493.4522 | D <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:763.493.6664" target="_blank">763.493.6664 | F <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:763.493.5572" target="_blank">763.493.5572

[...]

---------------------------------------+------------------------------
---------------------------------------+--------
I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam,
[hidden email]<[hidden email]> light and sound -
activate the windows | http://pobox.com/~warmerdam and watch the
world go round - Rush | Geospatial Software Developer

Re: GeoMoose press release

blammo
Not that I care that much, but I was voted in as Project Officer a ways back.

If Brian wants the Job though, someone just needs to edit this page:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoMoose_Incubation_Checklist

bobb

O 763.493.4522 | D 763.493.6664 | F 763.493.5572

> I think we are good to go on our end for you to do the press release.
> Please release when you have time.
>
> Also congrats on the new job!

Hello Brian, Frank, Eli,

I took the liberty of publishing the news item, as drafted by Frank, with Brian's name as Project Officer.

Here are the links to the announcements:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/announce/2013-September/000224.html
http://www.osgeo.org/node/1378

It will also appear on Twitter shortly.
Frank, could you post it on Google+ as well?

Congratulations again for GeoMoose graduation!

All the best,
Anne
the other News item elf

> Thanks!
>
> Brian Fischer
> Principal | GIS Project Manager
> Houston Engineering, Inc.
> O 763.493.4522 | D 763.493.6664 | F 763.493.5572

I think the confusion is that Brian is the PSC Chair and Bob is the OSGeo Project Officer/Liaison.  I see no need to make these the same person/position and think that Brian makes a good PSC Chair and Bob a good OSGeo Project Officer/Liaison.  I think that some other projects make this the same person/position.  If we don't group all these tasks into one position and person, then we should probably delineate which tasks fall in which role.

Looking back on past emails, I see that I am the cause of confusion.  I misled Frank when he asked who the Project Officer was and I said that Brian is the PSC Chair.  http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Contacts should probably either say "Chair: - Brian Fischer" or "Project Officer: - Bob Basques" depending on how tasks are sorted.  Sorry to have been the source of the confusion.

Eli