GeoMoose 2.8

James Klassen-2
After all of the work over the past few months, we have closed or
postponed all the 2.8 tickets and I have cut a 2.8 release.  I'd
appreciate it if you could check it for sanity before it is announced to
a wider audience.

As usual, it is available here:

http://demo.geomoose.org/2.8/

http://www.geomoose.org/downloads/GeoMOOSE-2.8.0-MS4W.zip

http://www.geomoose.org/downloads/geomoose-2.8.0.tar.gz

Re: GeoMoose 2.8

TC Haddad

Thanks Jim,

I'll check the MS4W version tonight, and provide feedback asap. How long do we have before you announce?

Tanya

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 3:29 PM, Jim Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
After all of the work over the past few months, we have closed or
postponed all the 2.8 tickets and I have cut a 2.8 release.  I'd
appreciate it if you could check it for sanity before it is announced to
a wider audience.

As usual, it is available here:

http://demo.geomoose.org/2.8/

http://www.geomoose.org/downloads/GeoMOOSE-2.8.0-MS4W.zip

http://www.geomoose.org/downloads/geomoose-2.8.0.tar.gz

Re: GeoMoose 2.8

James Klassen-2
I agree with Dan.  While I have a lot of confidence on what is in git
right now, I'd still like a proof of working install via MS4W (and to a
lesser extent the tgz -- it is essentially the same as what is running
on demo.geomoose.org) before announcing.

We (Dan and I at least) tend to focus on what is in git, and not that
the packaging actually worked.

The 2.8.0 download is rebuilt with the MS4W version patch.

On 07/20/2015 09:49 PM, Dan Little wrote:

> It would be nice to have a green light on the ms4w install first. I am
> going to write the release notes soon as well.
> On Jul 20, 2015 8:07 PM, "TC Haddad" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Jim,
>>
>> I'll check the MS4W version tonight, and provide feedback asap. How long
>> do we have before you announce?
>>
>> Tanya
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 3:29 PM, Jim Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> After all of the work over the past few months, we have closed or
>>> postponed all the 2.8 tickets and I have cut a 2.8 release.  I'd
>>> appreciate it if you could check it for sanity before it is announced to
>>> a wider audience.
>>>
>>> As usual, it is available here:
>>>
>>> http://demo.geomoose.org/2.8/
>>>
>>> http://www.geomoose.org/downloads/GeoMOOSE-2.8.0-MS4W.zip
>>>
>>> http://www.geomoose.org/downloads/geomoose-2.8.0.tar.gz

Re: GeoMoose 2.8

TC Haddad

Well, I can confirm that the MS4W install works, and behaves like the demo. Tested with the Mapserver 6.2.1 (MS4W 3.1.0-beta1) version of MS4W.

Just submitted a suggested fix to tun off the 4 basemap legends where they are broken / not expected to work. Not MS4W specific, just makes the demo look better IMHO.

Other than that, looks good to me.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 9:06 PM, Jim Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
I agree with Dan.  While I have a lot of confidence on what is in git
right now, I'd still like a proof of working install via MS4W (and to a
lesser extent the tgz -- it is essentially the same as what is running
on demo.geomoose.org) before announcing.

We (Dan and I at least) tend to focus on what is in git, and not that
the packaging actually worked.

The 2.8.0 download is rebuilt with the MS4W version patch.

On 07/20/2015 09:49 PM, Dan Little wrote:
> It would be nice to have a green light on the ms4w install first. I am
> going to write the release notes soon as well.
> On Jul 20, 2015 8:07 PM, "TC Haddad" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Jim,
>>
>> I'll check the MS4W version tonight, and provide feedback asap. How long
>> do we have before you announce?
>>
>> Tanya
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 3:29 PM, Jim Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> After all of the work over the past few months, we have closed or
>>> postponed all the 2.8 tickets and I have cut a 2.8 release.  I'd
>>> appreciate it if you could check it for sanity before it is announced to
>>> a wider audience.
>>>
>>> As usual, it is available here:
>>>
>>> http://demo.geomoose.org/2.8/
>>>
>>> http://www.geomoose.org/downloads/GeoMOOSE-2.8.0-MS4W.zip
>>>
>>> http://www.geomoose.org/downloads/geomoose-2.8.0.tar.gz

Re: GeoMoose 2.8

James Klassen-2
Thank you!  Do you think we should we update our recommended MS4W
version (in VERSIONS.rst) to 3.1.0-beta1?  Currently we say "3.0.6 or
higher".

I have merged your pull request (and added show-legend=false to the None
layer too).  That was a nice improvement.  I didn't know we had such an
option.

The 2.8.0 packages have been rebuilt.

On 07/20/2015 11:41 PM, TC Haddad wrote:

> Well, I can confirm that the MS4W install works, and behaves like the demo.
> Tested with the Mapserver 6.2.1 (MS4W 3.1.0-beta1) version of MS4W.
>
> Just submitted a suggested fix to tun off the 4 basemap legends where they
> are broken / not expected to work. Not MS4W specific, just makes the demo
> look better IMHO.
>
> Other than that, looks good to me.

> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 9:06 PM, Jim Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I agree with Dan.  While I have a lot of confidence on what is in git
>> right now, I'd still like a proof of working install via MS4W (and to a
>> lesser extent the tgz -- it is essentially the same as what is running
>> on demo.geomoose.org) before announcing.
>>
>> We (Dan and I at least) tend to focus on what is in git, and not that
>> the packaging actually worked.
>>
>> The 2.8.0 download is rebuilt with the MS4W version patch.
>>

>> On 07/20/2015 09:49 PM, Dan Little wrote:
>>> It would be nice to have a green light on the ms4w install first. I am
>>> going to write the release notes soon as well.

Re: GeoMoose 2.8

James Klassen-2
I have tested that the tgz installer works in the OSGeoLive 9.0alpha2
environment.

On 07/20/2015 11:41 PM, TC Haddad wrote:

> Well, I can confirm that the MS4W install works, and behaves like the demo.
> Tested with the Mapserver 6.2.1 (MS4W 3.1.0-beta1) version of MS4W.
>
> Just submitted a suggested fix to tun off the 4 basemap legends where they
> are broken / not expected to work. Not MS4W specific, just makes the demo
> look better IMHO.
>
> Other than that, looks good to me.

> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 9:06 PM, Jim Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I agree with Dan.  While I have a lot of confidence on what is in git
>> right now, I'd still like a proof of working install via MS4W (and to a
>> lesser extent the tgz -- it is essentially the same as what is running
>> on demo.geomoose.org) before announcing.
>>
>> We (Dan and I at least) tend to focus on what is in git, and not that
>> the packaging actually worked.
>>
>> The 2.8.0 download is rebuilt with the MS4W version patch.
>>

>> On 07/20/2015 09:49 PM, Dan Little wrote:
>>> It would be nice to have a green light on the ms4w install first. I am
>>> going to write the release notes soon as well.

Re: GeoMoose 2.8

TC Haddad

I think you can leave the recommended MS4W version as-is for now. I don't think the demo is using anything that breaks between Mapserver 6 and 6.2, so you are covered there.

The next significant release of MS4W will have Mapserver 7, which will trigger other updates to the Demo, e.g. deprecation of ANNOTATION layers (just tested and submitted that change...).

Tanya

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 9:56 PM, Jim Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you!  Do you think we should we update our recommended MS4W
version (in VERSIONS.rst) to 3.1.0-beta1?  Currently we say "3.0.6 or
higher".

I have merged your pull request (and added show-legend=false to the None
layer too).  That was a nice improvement.  I didn't know we had such an
option.

The 2.8.0 packages have been rebuilt.

On 07/20/2015 11:41 PM, TC Haddad wrote:
> Well, I can confirm that the MS4W install works, and behaves like the demo.
> Tested with the Mapserver 6.2.1 (MS4W 3.1.0-beta1) version of MS4W.
>
> Just submitted a suggested fix to tun off the 4 basemap legends where they
> are broken / not expected to work. Not MS4W specific, just makes the demo
> look better IMHO.
>
> Other than that, looks good to me.

> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 9:06 PM, Jim Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I agree with Dan.  While I have a lot of confidence on what is in git
>> right now, I'd still like a proof of working install via MS4W (and to a
>> lesser extent the tgz -- it is essentially the same as what is running
>> on demo.geomoose.org) before announcing.
>>
>> We (Dan and I at least) tend to focus on what is in git, and not that
>> the packaging actually worked.
>>
>> The 2.8.0 download is rebuilt with the MS4W version patch.
>>

>> On 07/20/2015 09:49 PM, Dan Little wrote:
>>> It would be nice to have a green light on the ms4w install first. I am
>>> going to write the release notes soon as well.

Re: GeoMoose 2.8

James Klassen-2
Ok.  Changes tweaked and applied.

Any other last minute changes before we announce the release?

On 07/21/2015 01:19 AM, TC Haddad wrote:

> I think you can leave the recommended MS4W version as-is for now. I don't
> think the demo is using anything that breaks between Mapserver 6 and 6.2,
> so you are covered there.
>
> The next significant release of MS4W will have Mapserver 7, which will
> trigger other updates to the Demo, e.g. deprecation of ANNOTATION layers
> (just tested and submitted that change...).
>
> Tanya
>

> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 9:56 PM, Jim Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Thank you!  Do you think we should we update our recommended MS4W
>> version (in VERSIONS.rst) to 3.1.0-beta1?  Currently we say "3.0.6 or
>> higher".
>>
>> I have merged your pull request (and added show-legend=false to the None
>> layer too).  That was a nice improvement.  I didn't know we had such an
>> option.
>>
>> The 2.8.0 packages have been rebuilt.
>>
>> On 07/20/2015 11:41 PM, TC Haddad wrote:
>>> Well, I can confirm that the MS4W install works, and behaves like the
>> demo.
>>> Tested with the Mapserver 6.2.1 (MS4W 3.1.0-beta1) version of MS4W.
>>>
>>> Just submitted a suggested fix to tun off the 4 basemap legends where
>> they
>>> are broken / not expected to work. Not MS4W specific, just makes the demo
>>> look better IMHO.
>>>
>>> Other than that, looks good to me.

>> long

Re: GeoMoose 2.8

Brian Fischer
Looks good.  Great job guys!

Brian Fischer, CFM
GIS Project Manager / Vice President
Houston Engineering, Inc.
O 763.493.4522 | D 763.493.6664 | M 763.229.2734