GeoJSON Java version requirement

Tim Falony
​Hello,

I saw that only the version 14.x and below of geotools can be compiled in Java 1.7. But GeoJSON is not available in those versions. Is there anyway to get just the GeoJSON module compiled to 1.7? (With 14.5 version of the main library) Due to unfortunate reasons, I cannot use JDK 1.8 in my project. Any workarounds with this?

Tim
​​

Re: GeoJSON Java version requirement

Mark Prins
On 06-07-17 02:46, fragmenter wrote:
> ​Hello,
>
> I saw that only the version 14.x and below of geotools can be compiled
> in Java 1.7. But GeoJSON is not available in those versions. Is there
> anyway to get just the GeoJSON module compiled to 1.7? (With 14.5
> version of the main library) Due to unfortunate reasons, I cannot use
> JDK 1.8 in my project. Any workarounds with this?

The geojson module is in 14.x
(https://github.com/geotools/geotools/tree/14.x/modules/unsupported/geojson),
not sure why you think it isn't.

The geojsonstore module
(https://github.com/geotools/geotools/tree/15.x/modules/unsupported/geojsonstore)
didn't appear until 15.x, you may be able to backport that or maybe it
will just compile against 14.5, the number of dependecies seems limited
so I can imagine this being quite possible.

that being said, I wouldn't want to be using such an old version of the
library knowing that there have been quite a number of bugfixes applied.

Mark