[GeoForAll-Africa] GeoForAll Africa - new chair

[GeoForAll-Africa] GeoForAll Africa - new chair

Serena Coetzee-2
Dear GeoForAll-Africa friends,

Rania, Bridget and I have been the Chairs for GeoForAll Africa for a few years now. Changes in our respective work responsibilities are putting pressures on our time and make it difficult to stay on in this role.

Msilikale Msilanga (CC'd) has shown interest in taking over as chair of GeoForAll-Africa. His involvement in the World Bank activities in Tanzania will provide a platform to initiate and coordinate GeoForAll activities in Africa. We would therefore like to step down and hand over to him as chair.

We remain committed to GeoForAll and specifically its activities in Africa, and look forward to working with all of you on this under Msilikale's leadership.

Regards,
Serena

Serena Coetzee (GPr GISc 1245)

University of Pretoria
Director: Centre for Geoinformation Science
Professor/Head: Department Geography, Geoinformatics and Meteorology
Geography Building 3-5, Main Campus, Lynnwood Road, Hatfield, 0083, South Africa
email: [hidden email] · Web: www.up.ac.za/cgis · Mobile: +27 82 464 4294 · Tel: +27 12 420 3823

Re: [GeoForAll-Africa] GeoForAll Africa - new chair

Bridget Fleming-2
Thank you Serena for your guidance and leadership.

Msilikale is someone I admire immensely. GeoForAll-Africa is in good hands!

Kind regards
Bridget

On 04 Nov 2018, at 23:33, Serena Coetzee <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment

[GeoForAll-Africa] ISR19 Sharm El-Sheikh Egypt

alaa masoud
Hi all
Tanta University welcomes you in the proceedings of the ISR19 Conference on Renewable Energy & Water Sustainability that will be held in Jolie Ville Golf Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, on 26-26 March 2019.
For more details:
https://www.facebook.com/events/478463839332115/?ti=cl
http//isr.tanta.edu.eg

Warmest Regards

Alaa Ahmed Masoud
Professor of Environmental Geology & Remote Sensing
Geology Department, Faculty of Science, Tanta University, Tanta 31527, Egypt.
Mob.:00201018265052
http://alaamasoud.tripod.com
......A person who beleive in himself can never be defeated.......
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail / s'il vous plait, considérer l'environnement avant d'imprimer cet e-mail.

Re: [GeoForAll-Africa] [Geo4All] GeoForAll Africa - new chair

Serena Coetzee-2
Thank you for the kind words. I agree with Bridget: GeoForAll Africa is now in good hands!

Serena Coetzee (GPr GISc 1245)

University of Pretoria
Director: Centre for Geoinformation Science
Professor and Head of Department Geography, Geoinformatics and Meteorology
Geography Building 3-5, Hatfield Campus, Lynnwood Road, Hatfield, 0083, South Africa
email: [hidden email] · Web: www.up.ac.za/ggm · Mobile: +27 82 464 4294 · Tel: +27 12 420 3823

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 9:16 AM Suchith Anand <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Serena,

Thank you for all the work you did as chair for GeoForAll-Africa . Your leadership and commitment has been instrumental in helping us expand GeoforAll ideas in Africa. We started with nothing few years back . It was with your great leadership to establish the first Open Source Geospatial Lab in Africa at the University of Pretoria and your work that helped us build the momentum across Africa.

We will need your help and guidance for the future. Your new leadership role and work for UN-OpenGIS is very important for the whole world and we are looking forward for your leadership on this.

It is also great to know Msilikale Msilanga will take over as GeoForAll-Africa chair.

Msilikale-  Welcome. We are all looking forward to your leadership to expand GeoForAll and make sure everyone benefits from geoeducation and digital economy opportunities.

Best wishes,

Suchith

[...]

attachment.

where permitted by law.