GeoChiapas project and TPrize Challenge

Arturo 'Ali' Moreno
Greetings to all from Mexico,

Recently, MIT, The Technological Institute of Monterrey and the University of the Andes have co-sponsored a request for proposals for education, training and innovation projects in Latin America through MIT's SOLVE initiative. The challenge submission deadline is March 31st; judging closes on the 24th of April. More info about the challenge  can be found in [1].

My solution's working title is Geo-Chiapas [2], and basically consists of creating a workshop series that teaches fundamental geospatial concepts to economically vulnerable and socially disadvantaged youths in this Mexican state. I have begun conversations with some local NGO's and academic institutions regarding the possibility of partnering to offer the workshop series.

At this stage, the workshop's form would be decidedly 'low-tech' although we are considering the approximately week-long process to culminate in use of something like geoforage.io [3] to introduce geodesign concepts into the learning modules as well.

After a recent conversation with Vicky Vergara, I was encouraged to reach out to the OSGeo board to seek some guidance on the GeoChiapas project. I'd like to formally solicit a person to be part of the project's team as well as the TPrize submission team in the role of "advisor" .

The person preferably needs to have:
- Experience in education
- Geospatial training
- Knowledge of the Latin American region's social and economical problems

Vicky expressed interest in being that person, but she also mentioned making a formal request to the OSGeo board.

I am grateful for the consideration of my appeal and I look forward to answering any questions that you may have.

Sincerely,

Arturo Moreno
San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexíco
Cell +52 (967) 152-77-18

Sent from ProtonMail, encrypted email based in Switzerland.

Re: GeoChiapas project and TPrize Challenge

Till Adams-3

Dear Arturo,

I put your request on the agenda of the next board meeting on 30th of March ;-)

Till

Am 20.03.20 um 00:08 schrieb [hidden email]:
[...]

Vicky Vergara-2
While we decide, I will be glad to help
.
I will am out of office since today, will be back on monday
Regards

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 1:40 AM Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,
81739 München, Germany

Vicky Vergara
Operations Research

eMail: vicky@georepublic.de
Web: https://georepublic.info

Tel: +49 (089) 4161 7698-1
Fax: +49 (089) 4161 7698-9

CEO: Daniel Kastl

Re: GeoChiapas project and TPrize Challenge

Arturo 'Ali' Moreno
Hello Till,

I am much obliged. Thank you.

If you require any details, let me know.

Regards,

Arturo Moreno
San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexíco
Cell +52 (967) 152-77-18
Wire: aliartie
Telegram: Osaka Ali

On Friday, March 20, 2020 1:40 AM, Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

One other thing that I'd like to include for anyone interested, if I may: a webinar outlining the organizer's criteria for solution evaluations [1].

[...]

Hello Arturo
I t was approved for me to have the role of advisor on the challenge.
Please be patient with me right now, I am at the hospital with my mom.
Contact me with mail, I am reading mails.
Vicky