Genova Community Sprint funding

Luca Delucchi
Dear PSC,

In February there was Genova Community Sprint, I'm sorry the event was
not really a success, with this mail I'm going to ask you the funding
for food, transport and Martin plane.

 Here is our expenses [0]. If you need scanned tickets please let me know

Waiting for your feedback. Best regards

[0] http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Talk:GRASS_Community_Sprint_Genova_2017#How_much_money_is_needed.3F

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

Re: Genova Community Sprint funding

Martin Landa

> In February there was Genova Community Sprint, I'm sorry the event was
> not really a success, with this mail I'm going to ask you the funding

thanks for Luca for organizing such great event! Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa

Re: Genova Community Sprint funding

Moritz Lennert
On 27/03/17 00:59, Luca Delucchi wrote:
> Dear PSC,
>
> In February there was Genova Community Sprint, I'm sorry the event was
> not really a success, with this mail I'm going to ask you the funding
> for food, transport and Martin plane.
>
>  Here is our expenses [0]. If you need scanned tickets please let me know
>
> Waiting for your feedback.

I understand that with "not really a success" you mean lack of
developers present, but in terms of work done by those who were there I
think it was a success :-)

+1 for funding this, if the our finances allow it.

In the future, we might want to think about a procedure where funding is
approved before the event based on an approximate budget, so as not to
have people take the risk of financing an event and then see its funding
refused afterward...

Moritz

Re: Genova Community Sprint funding

jmckenna
Administrator
On 2017-03-29 4:32 AM, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> On 27/03/17 00:59, Luca Delucchi wrote:
>> Dear PSC,
>>
>> In February there was Genova Community Sprint, I'm sorry the event was
>> not really a success, with this mail I'm going to ask you the funding
>> for food, transport and Martin plane.
>>
>>  Here is our expenses [0]. If you need scanned tickets please let me know
>>
>> Waiting for your feedback.
>
> I understand that with "not really a success" you mean lack of
> developers present, but in terms of work done by those who were there I
> think it was a success :-)
>
> +1 for funding this, if the our finances allow it.
>
> In the future, we might want to think about a procedure where funding is
> approved before the event based on an approximate budget, so as not to
> have people take the risk of financing an event and then see its funding
> refused afterward...

To speak openly here: I've come to realize that smaller is better.  That
you got a few community members together face-to-face, to share ideas
and talk and even create some code, is a wonderful thing in today's
hectic pace.  I feel that the success of FOSS4G has caused us to lose
that focus, on connecting individuals, instead focusing on large
gatherings.  I consistently now get pushed away when I offer help to
small OSGeo events, 'oh you're used to huge FOSS4G events you wouldn't
like this one' etc.  Pardon?  FOSS4G and OSGeo was created by so many
small important gatherings, sharing a beer and coming up with an idea
that would go on to change the whole industry.  So please don't think
any less of a small gathering: you shared a beer and your thoughts with
others face to face, and likely those ideas will go on to shape GRASS
for the upcoming year! :)

Thank you Luca for your passion and caring.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation

On 27 March 2017 at 00:59, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear PSC,
>
> In February there was Genova Community Sprint, I'm sorry the event was
> not really a success, with this mail I'm going to ask you the funding
> for food, transport and Martin plane.
>
>  Here is our expenses [0]. If you need scanned tickets please let me know

More detailed info about budget here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18Jx74WEqsuydSErTvCOfa_nhze54RUzc2BH5I49Z4Vg

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

Re: Genova Community Sprint funding

Martin Landa

> More detailed info about budget here
>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18Jx74WEqsuydSErTvCOfa_nhze54RUzc2BH5I49Z4Vg

and path to whole folder (bills attached)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9xu5EldorOPS2NqNW9HN0hHUjQ?usp=sharing

Ma

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa

Re: Genova Community Sprint funding

Markus Neteler
n Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 5:49 PM, Martin Landa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,

>> More detailed info about budget here
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18Jx74WEqsuydSErTvCOfa_nhze54RUzc2BH5I49Z4Vg
>
> and path to whole folder (bills attached)
>
> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9xu5EldorOPS2NqNW9HN0hHUjQ?usp=sharing

Thanks for the budget - it looks ok to me.

Do we need a formal vote with all PSC members here?

Markus

Re: Genova Community Sprint funding

Martin Landa

> Thanks for the budget - it looks ok to me.
>
> Do we need a formal vote with all PSC members here?

not sure. But we should start a new thread with [voting] in subject at
least. What do you think? Ma

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa

Re: Genova Community Sprint funding

Martin Landa

> not sure. But we should start a new thread with [voting] in subject at
> least. What do you think? Ma

since no feedback, I took liberty to start this thread [1]. Ma

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-psc/2017-April/001664.html