Generating metadata from shape file

Paresh Patel
Hello,
        I have a shape file that is generated using geotools api.
What is the best way to generate an associated metadata file using geotools api?
Is there a way I could provide description to the attribute values in the metadata file?

Thanks and regards,
/Paresh..

Re: Generating metadata from shape file

jody.garnett
This would be a new feature for the GeoTools library - it is not functionality that anyone has volunteered to do yet. Perhaps you could be the first :)

I had a go at parsing the shapefile xml several years ago when I was learning XML using the JDOM library. While it is not a band idea I was focused on extracting information, not writing it. It does not look the functionality was kept when the datastore was rewritten.

--
Jody Garnett