Generating curvature map

orkun

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to generate curvature map
from DEM which is in LL wgs 84.

Or
Should I transform dem another projection?

Please give me your insight.
Regards

AHMET TEMIZ

Re: Generating curvature map

wenzeslaus

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 2:20 PM, Ahmet Temiz <[hidden email]> wrote:

I was wondering if it was possible to generate curvature map
from DEM which is in LL wgs 84.

Or
Should I transform dem another projection?

Hi,

r.slope.aspect manual doesn't say that it is not technically possible, but certainly you should use a projected coordinate system. All raster operations should be done in projected coordinate system, not LL.